0

croquin
1

black display after repair, constant vibrating

My cousin opened her phone attempting to replace the front panel and display assembly. She got in over her head and gave it to me to put back together. Ive checked the cables and everything looks good. closed it shut and when I attach it to a cable to charge it it vibrates every few seconds and then emits a beep.

It keeps doing this and the display stay black, what could this be?

0

PCHookups
13

Let's backtrack a little bit: was there more to it than just a replacement of the screen? Are you sure the replacement screen is compatible with the model in question? could there have been water damage?

The reason why I am asking is because it sounds like a short or open circuit somewhere, either on the logic board or somewhere else. reopen it and check the logic board and all the connections and make sure no resistors have broken off or bent pins on connectors or the board itself.

this may be a stupid question, but: did she have a reminder, alarm, or alert set up? could be that too, but it may be a stretch.

last resort: is there any way to reattach the original and see if it works?

0

Assis Antunes
1

It happened with me... I just reboot using: Hold Power Button + Home Button pressed per 20 seconds, then it reset and it works perfect... It happened after I replace the power flex cable;

I think it happened bc maybe I pressed the power button after connect the battery and before connect the display. :)