0

Scott Xavier
1

nexus 5 wireless charging broken after...

So I successfully replaced the screen door the n5 after a run in with a brick floor in Arizona. Is all together but now the wireless charging isn't working. As I believe it to be the magnetic circles in the back cover and two leads coming off the to left.... I can't understand why it won't see it to charge it. What an I missing? Any ideas?

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( )

This question was migrated from http://meta.ifixit.com/Answers.

iRobot,

2

Greg Hamilton
25

Hey Scott,

I had the same issue before when I swapped the back on my N5. Try making sure the last clip is snapped in place the centre of the phone. It holds the contacts to the wireless coil.

0

Honglei Jia
1

CHOE Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad for Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy NOTE 3, NOTE 2; Nokia Lumia 920; HTC Droid DNA, HTC 8X, HTC Rzound (Black Color)

Available from on CHOE Amazon Store and the prices range start from £19.99 only?

And the our Wireless charger for Nexus 5 Compatible with Nokia Lumia 920 / LG NEXUS 4 / GOOGLE NEXUS 7 / HTC 8 X / HTC Droid DNA ---- only need the charging pad !

For USA Customer :

1. Wireless Charger for iPhone 5s/5(wireless charger and wireless receiver case included)

For Europe Customers :

2. Wireless Charger for Nexus 5

3. Wireless Charger Kit for Galaxy note 3

Get the deal now on latest price range.....

0

roy
1

I also seem to have broken my wireless charging after removing the back. I had missed the middle snap that Scott mentioned, but snapping this only made it work intermittently for a few days. It is now back to not working at all, and I can see nothing mechanically wrong.

I'll be interested to see if you find a fix....

Edit: I seem to have found the problem in mine. After taking the back off several times, and looking at it under the microscope, I finally noticed something. Where the needle is pointing you can see a small brown spot on the top of one of the springy contacts. This picture was taken _after_ I scraped off a dark brown mass that looked like it had melted on. (Note to self - take before pictures too...)

My theory as to what happened is that when I put the back on without a good contact (the middle snap loose) there was some arcing that melted/oxidized the contact. This prevented good contact from being made. Now that I have scraped that off (which was pretty hard to do), it seems to be working again. For the last 5 minutes at least...

Edited by: roy ( )

0

choe tech
1

Which Wireless Charger is the best in the current market? CHOETECH launch affordable & best Dual USB AC Wall Charger Spatially Design For Apple & Android Phones - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HZF6UD4