0

Denise Lopez
1

iPhone Doesn't Restore Error 16

My iPhone 4 doesn't want to restore.

While restoring the bar goes like 99% complete and then stops and an error window pops up.

There no water damage.

The logic board looks almost new.

I don't know what it could be.

I've tried changing ports, putting in recovery mode, putting in DFU mode.

When i plug in the iPhone, it always goes to this screen:

Edited by: Denise Lopez ( )

Have you tried a different computer, different cable?

yes, i have tried a different computer and different cable. I even tried that oven reflow thing just now and tried to restore again. the same error came up..

Denise Lopez,

Why and how did you try to reflow the board?

I put the logic board in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes... and i let it cool for 20 minutes. After that i put the iphone back together but problem still persists. I'm telling you the logic board looks brand new. i'll post pictures right now.

Denise Lopez,

i have two mainboards with the same issue! Please let me know if you found a solution

Kjartan Eide Huseklepp,

0

Charles B
61

Usually once you get that error the board is done unless you get someone that knows how to repair the board "ic repair". What needs to be repaired is under the cap near the battery connector. I have only gotten one phone working after i got that error and it took me trying at least 10 different methods. Here is something I found that worked for others with this issue:

Hope this helps... Error code 16 is a hardware issue/fault

With my particular phone it was a battery fault I didn't have to buy any new parts or anything I just disconnected and reconnected the battery a number of times.

Iv done this 3 times now I have to do it every time I upgrade the firmware and it's worked every time for me.

So here's some steps to follow

1. Remove the back with a small cross point screw driver

2. Remove the screw that holds the battery connector

3. pop the battery connector off and and reconnect it

4. Connect device to computer

5. Place the device in DFU mode

6. Once in DFU mode carry out a restore

You may have to repeat these steps a number of times but if your issue is the same as mine then it will work its worked twice for me this week with the iOS 7 and ios7 update firmware

i've tried the battery thing it didn't work. is there any way i can check for errors on the motherboard myself ...

Denise Lopez,

No there is not a way to check yourself. iTunes is the only way you can find out there is an error on the MB. Then when you get the error it is so vague you can not pinpoint what the issue is. you just might be out of luck. Have you tried any 3rd party software to restore your phone yet?

Charles B,

0

ste08
1

try restoring from icloud on the phone .do not restore from a pc..thats the answer jj

it wont let me on the phone

Denise Lopez,

0

rey
1

i have also same problem but i repace the battery ang usb port is sorry no picture

0

EREZ
1

IT IS THE Baseband Processor IC Chip