0

volkswagenslave
1

Need Microsoft Surface Pro Glass/Digitizer/LCD replacement parts.

I am the proud new owner of a Broken Surface Pro. The previous owner didn't see a use: but I want to fix it.

I can find replacements for the RT but nothing that is the spec of the Pro LCD. As removing the glass from the LCD is more laborious than just replacing the whole assembly; I would like to know if one is available?

Will the RT LCD/Digitizer work on the Pro?

0

We Fix Wireless Salem
1

I can't seem to find anything but the LCD for the Pro. Answer to the RT Display working on the Pro is a big NO. Very different connectors.

0

Ibrahim Alomar
1

I found on eBay the glass only or the complete LCD kit in addition to the required tools

0

Eleazar Carmeli
1

Hey anyone got any news on where to get new digitizer glass screens ?

i got a cracked screen surface pro off ebay cheap works perfect with the pen, obviously the touch doesnt work but since i do mostly zbrush and drawing touch really isnt a big deal to me.

i noticed on my unit that the cracked glass wants to flake of from a trasparent film underneath it so i am tempted to remove the glass (bit by bit and replace it with piece of regular glass cut from a glass shop.

while im certain this will pro negate the touch capability it may at least give me a non-cracked screen to look at.

before i go ahead with this though any suggestions from peeps

1 anyone know where to get a 3rd party replacement glass ? for less then 300 ?

2 anyone try removing the glass form the lcd ( i lifted up a 1/4inch from a corner very gently without damaging it so i know its possible.

3 anyone have any suggestions on using regular glass ?