0

Mark Biernacki
11

USB port does not work on computer :(

Ok, so I have an extremely beat up 3rd gen iPod nano, but the only way I can charge it is putting it on an iPod dock, which will charge it but not play music while it on the dock (you can connect a stereo plug into it and works fine.) In addition, it is not recognized by the computer when connected via usb and does not charge. How do I fix?

TL;DR: charging works only when connected to iPod dock, data works never... why/what do?

EDIT: The cable is not faulty, it works with other devices, and I have tried other cables.

Edited by: Mark Biernacki ( )

This is the exact problem I'm having with same (nano 3rd gen) yet other iPods work with same cables and ports perfectly; is there any further info?

MistyQ,

get the ipod cable, you can get it at waltmart for $20

osvaldo,

0

Mark Biernacki, I do realize that this is a very old question and somehow, somebody dug it up:-) I am certain that after 19month you got your Ipod fixed. Anyhow, the thing that I would do is to replace your battery. It works on a dock since the power supply is greater, your iPod's battery does not charger on a USB since it only supplies 500mA.

Thanks for replying, I will have to try this. BTW I havent fixed it yet :P

Mark Biernacki,

2

mayer

Most likely a bad or a cheap cable. I've seen this a lot. Get a good one.

0

sbdfhs
1

Most likely a faulty cable but I have seen the opposite, where an ipod will not play on a dock, but is all ok via USB etc. Not sure if it is a hardware or software problem. Possibly worn socket pins?