0

bigpapa
1

iPhone 4 is disabled, how do I fix it?

My brothers friend gave him an iPhone 4 and it's disabled all we can do on it is slide the lock screen to call for an emergency.. And we've tried to connect it to iTunes and it's not working, it just says error. At first it said iTunes needs to be updated, so we updated it, and it says "iTunes cannot connect to iPhone because it needs a passcode" and it says that we should enter the passcode and try again. but the iphone itself doesnt let us do that?? I want to make the phone work for my brother, help please!!

bigpapa, try to place your iPhone in DFU mode. Check here for instructions http://osxdaily.com/2010/06/24/iphone-df... then try to restore with iTunes.

1

Brad

Also, Recovery Mode is all that is necessary. Open iTunes on computer. Connect iPhone to computer. Hold both home and power buttons for 20 seconds until iTunes finds iPhone in Recovery Mode. Then just click the Restore button of iTunes on your computer.

This Month: 1,183