0

James Glasby
1

Please Help! iPhone 4s - Black screen but phone is on and working

Hello all,

I've just bought a iphone 4s. The screen is black but the phone can be powered on. I can tell as the vibrate can be switched on and off. I can also power the phone down remembering the position of the "swipe to turn off".

I have replaced the screen but the result is still the same...black screen but the phone appears to be working.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

James

I'll just add that I have done a standard home button and power button reset, a restore through iTunes and a dfu restore. None of these made a difference.

Help!

Edited by: James Glasby ( )

1

Andrew Suda
13

So here's what's happening. You have the 2 cables on your screen replacement, the longer more flimsy one is more than likely pinched. This will also cause your screen replacement to shift and not seat properly. What you'll need to do is get to the last step of the screen repair. At this point, the replacement screen is unscrewed from the bezel. At the top, close to the power button, seperate replacement screen from bezel being mindful of the cables. What you just did is freed the pinched cable. Now is time to reassemble. As your closing the gap between replacement screen and bezel, keep the longer flimsy cable taught as you seat the replacement screen to bezel. The replacement screen should fit like a glove! If it doesn't seat properly the first time, just readjust the long cable again. If it seats properly and you still have a black screen, remove replacement screen and inspect cables. This has happened in a few of my repairs. Just be patient and you'll get it.

0

devon108
1

Does the screen at least show the silver apple when you boot the phone?

0

reddiparker
1

Ok I have a blank screen but everything else seems to be working just fine. I've done two screen replacements now and both times I've been perplexed about one part that I can figure out where it goes. It's a rubber spacer or something that has a thin gap lengthwise across it. It always seems to pop out when Im taking apart the connections to the logic board. Anybody know what I'm talking about???

Also I noticed that this time the LCD screen on he top of the iPhone 4S is just barely pushed outward in the middle. I would absolutely love for one of these installs to go as planned. It's def emotionally draining when that much concentration and time is used up without achieving a result. Plz help if possible. Thanks

0

Alex Todd
31

This must be the problem with your display connector, as if it loosens then you might not get any display on your screen. The very first thing that you need to do is to get any other good and working LCD in order to verify where is the problem whether it is your LCD, Connector, display strip, connector etc. However there are a lot of things that you need to check. Here is a blog that has defined step by step solution in order to overcome this problem, i hope it will help you in resolving this problem.

http://blog.brokenlcds.com/iphone-4-disp...

0

Victoria
1

I am a tech at Apple. You will most likely need a hardware replacement. If the reset and the restore did not help, it is most likely a hardware issue. I am sorry for your situation..