0

Wes
1

My phone won't hold a charge or find a signal

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

I have cleaned my phone twice as a result of water damage and have removed all corrosion on the logic board. I replaced the battery this morning. And the screen displays correctly save for some huge water marks. But the problem is that it won't hold a charge - it only powers up when it is plugged in (I will inspect the connection for the connector), and it can't find a signal. Any help would be really appreciated!

Edited by: iRobot ( )

How did you clean it? Did you check the voltage on the battery connectors with the phone plugged in? What is that voltage? Did you check your PMIC and the charge inductors? Did you check the rest of the inductors to see if they are still connected/ Checked "the blue" inductor? Check the components around the antenna connectors

I cleaned it with alcohol and a small brush, how do check the voltage? And I will chick the inductors and the antenna connectors- Thanks!

Wes,

Use a multimeter and check the left and right outermost contacts. see what voltage you get.