1

mika Reuter
13

iPod Classic 120gb needs your help to awake from dead

Hi Everybody,

I have a iPod classic, that stopped to work some weeks ago. It just won't show any sign of life anymore and can't reset it (by pushing the choice-button and menu for 10sek.)

I still tried to reset it and plugged it onto my windows and it showed up as a DFU-Device, but still windows couldn't install it.

On my Mac iTunes recognizes it, but is "waiting for the iPod" for hours. Some time it demands to reconnect the iPod and gives error-codes like "2005" and "1601"

On windows i tried the iPod-recovery tool but it says, that it doesn't support this type of iPod (even it should).

Neither does the disk utility of mac nor windows recognize the iPod.

Is the iPod now completely dead and "non-useable", or is there still a solution to incite it?

ANY GIVEN HELP IS USEFUL!!!

Edited by: Sterling Hirsh ( ) , Adam Hintz ( ) , David Hodson ( )

The iPod classic doesn't come in a 120 GB size, are you sure that's what it is?

Adam Hintz,

uuummm Adam Hintz, I found this off to the right side under the relatively big picture of an iPod classic. "Model A1238 / 80, 120, or 160 GB hard drive / black or silver metal front" they did come in 120GB size.

Skippy722,

Sorry about that, I missed it. I'd never heard of the 120 GB size before, and to confuse things more I thought you were talking about the 5th gen (which comes in up to 80 GB).

Adam Hintz,

same problem

bheben paguigan,

1

bjoernen dk
873

if your cables and plugs are intact, then the trouble seems to be inside your iPod. The harddrive comes to mind as something that could have given up, but it's just a guess.

I've seen harddrives at $150 or £80, so you would need to be sure of the diagnosis.

0

Joost
13

I agree with bjoernen, the hard disk could be damaged. But then the ipod will boot and starts scanning its vitals. Followed by a red cross on the screen...