0

Lise
1

Why does my printer not recognize a new print cartridge?

The printer continually tells me my HP 901 color cartridge is empty -- even after I have just replaced it -- and refuses to print in color. The black cartridge gives it no trouble. Is it possible that the contacts for the color cartridge are fouled or damaged in some way?

0

NRS
1

Hello Lise,

Is the HP cartridge still in use by date? Also non brand consumables are sometimes not accepted in HP's is it an official cartridge?

0

Lise
1

They were brand new HP cartridges. Apparently I somehow purchased three bad ones in a row. Fixed now, thank you.

0

david chase
133

In case if its new item then you need to make sure that whether its the original one or not because there are many cheap after market cartridges are available which either work for very short period of time or hardly be able to detect.

Secondly if its old one then most probably your cartridge has been expired or gone out of order.

You can also perform a head cleaning task by taking your cartridges apart and cleaning the metal contacts with some alcohol swab or perfume.

0

roczaz
1

The HP Printer has a 'chip" that can recognize a non HP refill.

Simple solution:

1./ UNPLUG THE POWER CORD FROM THE PRINTER

2./ RECONNECT THE POWER CORD

3./ WHEN THE LIGHTS BEGIN TO FLASH, PRESS AND HOLD THE ON/RESUME AND PAPER SIZE BUTTONS ( I DID NOT HAVE PAPER SIZE BUTTON SO HELD DOWN THE ZOOM BUTTON

4./ WHEN ONLY THE ON/RESUME LIGHT IS FLASHING RELEASE THE BUTTONS.

THANKS TO www.printenviro.com