1

Shanna
13

Why wont my tab charge?

When I plug in my tab to charge there is an X over the energy symbol if there is more than 50% of charge left. I have to restart my tab when it shows it is less than 50% charged then plug it in then it will start to charge. If i dont restart it there is an X over the energy symbol. If the battery is completely depleted it will charge butvety slowly.

What charger are you using? How long has this been going on? Did anything happen to your Tab prior to this?

The red 'x' always appears when I charge my samsung tablet 2 7.0 whenever it's on. It's really ticking me off because it's not charging while it's on. I tried everything that the "victims" of this problem said but it's not working. My mom called the place for the samsung service thingy but they said that it really isn't fixable unless we buy a new one (BS!). I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS RETARDED PROBLEM!!!!! D:

Carolyn Kim,

- Try with the original Samsung Charger - Try restarting device and then charge - Try shutting device down completely and then charge

Thomas Widmaier,

7

Akhand
69

Something that worked for me:

Plug the cord to your tab first, then connect the USB cable very slowly into the PC/laptop on a gradual pace. The flash sign would appear when the usb cable is almost half inserted. Insert it completely. The tab would charge without any red cross sign, but with a white flash one..

2

Dreenagh Cory
25

Used one of the above fixes, while on, pull the plug

(on the tablet end) out and put it back in fast the symbol changed to the straight lightning bolt without the red cross and started charging properly. This was after I had had it charging all night and it hadn't worked :)

2

sdgasdfg
25

I was just having this problem with red x and now I have it gone by using the weird charger it came with instead of a normal one I already had. Works now.

1

Thomas Widmaier
225

Normal USB can only supply 500mA, so when connecting to PC or Power Supply that has not shorted Data + and - from USB, the 'flash' (for fast charge) will not show.

I modified a 2A Power Supply (5V == 10Watts) with an intermediate adapter to shorten Data+ and Data- and it immediately works and charges fast with (up to) 2A.

Update: Today I had also the problem that always the 'x' was shown, but it was a software problem, I think the charging is somewhat controlled by software. Now I had to restart the device to get it charging again. First time this happened.

Edited by: Thomas Widmaier ( )

1

Nadia
13

I had the same problem too right now. I already sent for servicing at Samsung, but it still come out the same issue. But the problem now is that im confused. Whenever i charge it, at the battery logo the small red X appears. But at my lock screen menu it shows its charging. But very !@#$ slow. And i use to switch it off to charge the tab, the battery logo will pop out, but it use to be in blue colour, but once i had it back from the service centre, when i switch it off, the battery logo bar colour is yellow. I am really worried right now. Did samsung really did anything to fox my problem or what? Please help and give me some advice

1

Michael
13

Thomas is correct but maybe not about the cheat he used (I don't have the correct knowledge to know if that is good enough or not).

I just purchased a Satechi UH3-10P.

It is a 10 Port USB 3.0 hub with a 5v adapter.

It has 1 iPad charging port at the end. I plug my Samsung in to that port and it charges at the same time I can use it without problem.

1

espeon88pokemon
13

I also experienced the same thing

Then, I tried to unplug and plug in charger quickly

'''First: Plug Charger

Second: Unplug Charger Before Mark "X" Appears In Battery

Third: Put Back Charger'''

This way will Work Until You Turn off Samsung Galaxy Tab

If you Turn off and Turn on Your Device

Ways That You Need to Repeat

Good luck ^.^

i had the same problem but this answer helped and it really works! thanks! :] "espeon88po kemon 1 Answered Jun 16 Permalink • History I also experienced the same thing Then, I tried to unplug and plug in charger quickly '''First: Plug Charger Second: Unplug Charger Before Mark "X" Appears In Battery Third: Put Back Charger''' This way will Work Until You Turn off Samsung Galaxy Tab If you Turn off and Turn on Your Device Ways That You Need to Repeat Good luck ^.^"

gjc0821,

1

Chris
13

Just got 2 new tabs today and suffered the same issue...

It is to do with the chargers. I received the genuine Samsung chargers consisting of usb cable, power block and European connector. in the box there was also a dodgy looking European to UK adaptor.

the power block to European or uk connector is a fairly standard format now.

As I didn't want to use the dodgy looking connector I used normal uk usb chargers but none of them were working. The usb to pc charger is not designed to work I don't think. At this point I was thinking the devices were broke.

I then tried the dodgy connections and it worked. Also tried another (apple) charger that has the power block and uk connector (not one piece) and it worked too. Must be something to do with the power coming through the differing connections.

Try it, it will work.

1

abkwimbira
13

Hie Friends

To those who may be lucky, please try this it worked for me.

press and hold the power button 10 sec (without releasing it)

press and hold both power and volume down buttons for 10 seconds, then release vol. down button while holding down power button for another 10 seconds, before releasing.

plug to pc and wait to be recognized?

Good Lucky

1

John Franklin
13

The Evil Red-X. I had it too. When I got my tab2 it only came with the cable. No charger. I was using a charger that had two output ports in it that I use for my phone. It worked for a couple months and then I started getting the red X. I found a different charger, and tried that. Still the Red X. Powered down/up, pluged it in the other charger, and the Evil X is gone. It is now charging at a good rate. It hss gained 10% in the last 10 min. I'm guessing the charger I was pluged into didn't have the needed Amp output. Next time at Wally World I'll pick up a bigger Amp rated Charger. Life is Good!

1

lizbethcorrales72
13

Hey the same thing has been happenin to me my tablet wouldnt charge everytime I would connect the charger it had a red 'x' over it nd it would only charge wen I would power it off but I would leave it for 3 hours nd it would only charge for about 10-20%

Heres how I fixed my problem

Nd hopfully it helps u guys out

Turn off ur tablet then press thepower button nd volume button at thesame time for about 10 sec u will see dat it turns on but dot let go keep holding it until the littke greent android guy comes out then it will have a menu but u wannah click on the first obtion nd after ur tablet is gunnah restart nd it will turn on aftertry pluging in ur charger nd if it worked for u it isnt gunnah have the red 'x' nd it will charge normally

Hope this helps u guys goodluck c;

Let me knoe if this worked for u guys heres my email Lizbethcorrales72@yahoo.com

lizbethcorrales72,

1

mike
13

My wifes tablet would not charge or even come on for that matter . After being on the charger for three days i was about to give up. Then I decided to hold the power on and the volume both down at the same time till it came on . Works great now.

1

aliisha18
13

hi,

even I had the same prob, but finally, i learnt how it works do not insert whole usb to port at once.slowly insert the usb(connected to tab) to port(of pc) upto its approx 1/2-3/4 portion.you will see charging.

1

Anjali Dias
13

I had the same problem which started after a year of using my tab 2. I changed the data cable and the problem was solved. Try changing your data cable. X symbol means it is not charging. Try calibrating the battery using battery calibration app.

1

amber
13

heres my problem with the tablet, we fight with each other.. it dosnt like to connect to the charger sometimes, but then i threaten it with, well im going to google your !@#$ problem, and as im googling the problem, it starts to charge!! LOL its making me crazy!!!

1

Lauren Tolley
25

I got my Samsung Gaaxy tab 7.0 for Christmas and I've had trouble charging it for the last 2 weeks or so. The notorious little red 'x' over the energy symbol would appear every time I plugged it in. I have always used the charger and adaptor that came with the tablet, and it worked fine until this point in time. However, all of you who have said to plug it into a pc to charge - well, that function has NEVER worked for me. Even when it was brand new, whenever I plugged it into a pc, the little red 'x' would show up. I just assumed that it was working as a storage device and wasn't using the pc to charge, but now I'm wondering.

Similar things have happened with my father's Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone - it wouldn't detect his SD card, even though it registered on all our other devices. This all leads me to think that it is a problem with the software of the devices, as I have friends who have had the same charging problem on Samsung Galaxy tablets and smartphones.

Some of you seem to have found that using the adaptor that came with the tablet worked, or that holding the power button and volume button works. I, however, have tried all of the fixes above and they haven't worked for me personally. I was trying to turn it on and the tablet went into odin mode and was stuck this way for half an hour before I turned it off and on again. Luckilly, this didn't affect the contents of my tablet, but the charging issue still wasn't fixed.

Sometimes, if I let the charger and the tablet cool down for thirty minutes or so and then try plugging it in, it works, but I have to unplug and plug it for a while before this happens.

I'm thinking of sending it to Samsung to see if it is a problem from the software or the actual chargers.

1

NOAH MARQUEZ
13

All you do is plug it in slowly then wait 5 mins turn it on if it doesn't charge keep trying till it does then you wait another half hour but don't look at anything it'll shut off then check if it has at least 10% if it doesn't just leave it if it does check your mail or stuff then wait like a night to charge it'll be fully charged hope I helped outro of darkness then redness then whiteness # tobuscus

Edited by: NOAH MARQUEZ ( )

1

akerabloodwolf
13

That happens to me all the time. It typically means that the cord is not fully plugged in, or there is not enough energy going to the battery for it to charge. Try unplugging the charger and plunging it back in. Or try checking the connection points to see if some thing is preventing contact. I.e. lint or corrosion.

1

banj jackson
13

you will have no problems charging if you use the 2000mA charger that comes with your device. Otherwise you will have to fool your tab into thinking its connected to one by shorting pins 2 & 3, d+ & d- together by hacking a usb extention lead and fitting this between the tab lead and usb charger.

1

Kristin Henderson
13

Slowly plugit into the block while pluged in untill the white lighting bolt appears and then plug it all the way in. It does this because u are using a lower voltage than it should have so it kicks it into pc mode and tries to connect to a device. But for some weird reason when u plug it in slowely to about the half way point it will absolutley work!

1

Lauren Tolley
25

I have tried everything now and it worked for a while, but yesterday morning it turned itself off when it was at 50% as if the battery had drained. For two days, it hasn't turned on and nothing I do fixes it. I use the cable from the box when I bought the tab. It has never charged when plugged into a pc and I am getting so mad now. Will Samsung send me a new charger if I talk to their tech support?

1

Lifin Lee
13

Plug and unplug very quickly two or three time and then plug again. I already try this to my tab

1

MelissaA262
13

My tablet did the same thing yesterday. I was using it while it was plugged in, then all of a sudden the critical battery warning came on - and the entire thing shut down AND WOULD NOT TURN BACK ON! So after spending three hours TRYING EVERY SINGLE IDEA LISTED HERE - The one that worked was .

SIMPLY PLUGGING THE FLAT tablet side CHARGER TO THE TABLET ONLY HALF WAY IN -

viola !!!

I HAVE A REPLACEMENT WALL CONNECTION AND A REPLACEMENT CABLE TOO.... So somewhere , somehow along the way, The tablet just decided it doesn't like this set up...

But with three straight hours AND MANY MANY BUTTON HOLD, ALCOHOL WIPING, CORD SWAPPING TRICKS... all I had to do was just barely connect the charger at the base of the tablet... huh, who would have thought .... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

1

gerald dipaolo jr
13

I drove myself crazy thinking there was something very wrong with this great tablet that I really think is great well it turns out that all you half to do is push the flat end into to tablet hard and tight thats it nothing to it. This is a flaw and Samsung should tell you more about this issue so we all half to play a guessing game but at the end of the day its still a great tablet I hope this helped.

0

Zafina Sinha
1

In the options in the Tab I says "Media Device: Allows you to transfer media files on Mac, or using Android File transfer on a Mac (see www.android.com/filetransfer).

Or for you Windows XP users:

http://en.softonic.com/s/android-file-tr...

0

robert woods
1

i had problem wouldnt come on at all after water problem and it came on after few hours plugged it in me laptop had blue bar going up and down then came on had red cross on battery sop thought it was broke so tested it in me original charger i got it wiv and chargeing well atm touch wood it stays well :)

0

abinaya sivakumar
1

what i say might seem funny but its freaking true. does someone else in ur family use a samsung phone by any chance????? an ordinary non android phone. if the slot matches with ur tab then plug it in :). i got my tab on sunday and bang my tab stopped charging yesturday afternoon. been putiing it on charge continuously it woudnt stand on it self. it onned and offed periodicallly and automatically. then it went flat off. then when i tried to on it it would show a empty battery with a circle spinning in the middle and once in a blue moon it showed the yellow triangle. it went of before i could even read wht it said. then today morning at 5.00 i tried to on i saw the logo screen and then it showed a black screen with things written on it. i was so relieved tht i forgot to read wht it said. i ran to charge it yet it went of as soon as i put it for charging.i was utterly misserable. brand new phone and already it had such problems and all. before it went off i did see two options battery use or ok. i pressed none. by the way i had a brain wave just now. my mom uses a non android utter ordinary phone worth 3500rupees from samsung. i nicked her charger and tried it. bam bam bam bam it workssssssssssssssssssssssssss now my phone is back on and i am alright. now. its charging. i dont understand wht happened but i learnt my lesson i will always charge it n never ever let it go off like that ever again. hope my experience helped u guys. this is actually my first phone bought for me by my mom which is not koreean or indian. its freaking 25K here n i would have been killed if anything happened to it. ehhehehe

0

cdpdee
1

My device is completely 'uncharged', and the battery icon blinks on and off with a blue bar when I am attempting to charge. I spoke with Samsung a few days ago and they told me to try one of the chargers at Sam's,Walmarrt or Best Buy to determine if it was the charger/cord or the device itself. I did, and determined it was the charger/cord. The Samsung rep at Best Buy took a new one from the box, and my device began to charge normally. Samsung is sending me a new one.

0

Seti
1

If it is powered off, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, it seems to charge fine. Only when it is powered on do I get a red "X" on the battery...when plugged into the computer. When the SGT2 is on and plugged into the wall power adapter the red "X" on the battery is not present. Whether wall charger or through the computer it charges fine...only when on does the computer charging not work through my experience on the SGT2. I also own the first generation SGT and it has the benefit of charging whether on or off in the wall or computer usb to charge. I hope this helps.

0

Nhak
1

Follow this video, my tab now is charging from the computer!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8_cyM2oH...

Siveun

0

gianne
1

i have also desame problem with that bullshit x when i tried to charge...i use all your advise guys but still it doesnt work..pls help me fix this samsung

0

DiskScanner
1

I started to notice the red x when I got the last Jellybean update 4.2.2 for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 inch. I am to the point now that I just turn it off and plug it into the PC to charge if I am using USB. Otherwise, I just plug it into the wall with the adapter it came with and let it charge that way. I am not to pleased that now I can't have it charging and using it while plugged into the PC, but at least I can charge it with the PC now...

0

shannon
1

iv had this problem do not use anything but the samsung charger because the normal phone charger or anything different just isnt as powerful that why it will sustain a slight life but when charging it wil take forever because its not getting what it needs.

0

Umesh Arora
1

Thanks for all the help

I just tried a different socket and magically it started charging

Thanks for all the suggestions

Umesh

0

maxine
1

Im having problems charging my tab 2.It wont charge when the tab is on only when its off.Do I need a new charger if so will it happen again.Can someone give me some advice.

0

Daniel
1

I get this same problem when connecting it to my USB port on my computer. On my settings screen it gives me a message "Connected as a media device". I cannot however change anything when going into the settings. Please help

0

green
1

I bought a second hand tab2,,,, and its wifi isnt working.... it never turns onn..... and my battery issue got fixed when i restored its factory settings.... can anyone help me with the wifi problem??

0

connie
1

yes yes yessssssssss...holding both buttons for 10 minutes made it come on,,whewwwwwwwww,,,,one happy person in Michigan!!!

0

green
1

poleeeez help me with the wifi problem ;(

0

Mark Taylor
1

You shouldn't have to ponce around like this to charge a samsung tablet, come on it's not a cheapo chinese tablet it's a branded one. Lead in lead out hold down buttons this is a joke i'm going to to try and buy a new lead if no luck with that back to the shop. Just tried pushing the lead in slowly while standing on one leg and rubbing my head and f*** me it started charging. lol

0

Jimi Davis
1

I have the same prob...started after software update about late 2012...if it doesn't start taking a charge...unplug at tablet...hold power button down at least 10 sec..while still keep[ng button held down..plug cord back into tab ..and Presto!!!! ...........lol sometimes i think all my cords ARE A BIT GOOFY. Then i turn all my electronics off and go outside for a couple hours..breathe fresh air and get some sunlight...then everything works great

0

Kristina
1

I just had this same problem tonight so I tried turning off my tablet completely and tried letting it sit with the cables plugged in while it was off. After about 10 mins I turned it back on just to see if it charged up any because I kept getting the red X over the battery symbol while it was plugged in and turned on. When I turned it back on with the charger still plugged in and letting it sit turned off it came back on and then said that it was charging. Idk if this will work for you or for how long it'll work if it does work for you but for now its working for me when I just now tried it on mine. Good Luck

0

green
1

nobody has a wifi issue with their tab????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

0

Mark Taylor
1

Hi everyone who is having a problem charging your Samsung tab 2, I bought a new lead from eBay and all working as it should now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-OFFICI...

0

Adam Beck
1

You can't charge the Tab with a USB cable while on ,the USB is for data transfer if you try to charge it while on you will get a red x , you can charge it while off , and it will show the battery charging . I thought mine was broken Samsung said you can't use the USB cord to charge the tab while in use only when powered off .

0

Naiya Kelley
1

my galaxy is not working the charger is not charging it .then it turned of

0

Naiya Kelley
1

no for a few days now

0

cdpdee
1

I contacted Samsung and once we determined that the issue was the non-standard charger, they sent me a new one. Tablet is successfully charging now

Carol

0

Paal Andersen
1

i have after a while several usb-chargers in my house (phone cameras etc) but i have to use the charger for samsung galaxy tab 2.0 to charge it (make no fu.. sence) but my tab charge now...

0

Baby whip jade
1

Take it to get repaired or replace the battery or take the battery out then put it back in

0

Jamesha Edwards
1

I blew in the plugs and it WORKED! Yay!

Still getting red x so I called Samsung tech support. They sent me a new charger, no questions asked!

Edited by: Jamesha Edwards ( )

0

Hello55
1

r you using a changer that is the same that is the problem . YOU HAVE TO USE THE CHANGER YOU GOT FROM THE BOX.''bold text'' If is the changer you got from the box when you bought it then your tab is weird. ):|

0

Thomas Wass
1

mine only gose up to the first purple charging bar then it resets and starts again how do i fix this ?

0

Patrick Lebrun
1

Had the same problem, I cleaned it with 90% alcool and a cotton swab, now the battery icon is going all the way up instead of 1/4 up and rebooting. It seems it is charging now!

0

biju joseph
1

Pls do not let your tablet go to drain complete battery charge ,must charge it at least battery warning pop ups . I had the same issue with my tablet it start charge two blocks , I have charged for around one full day change the USB adapters ,then it starts charging , after I never my tablet to go below 20% charge . Once it shut down automatically don't worry it needs at least 24 hours to restart charging with all programs .

0

Miguel Molina
1

I just want to add what happend to me. Same as all of you my tablet didn't seem to charge. I tried everything above and nothing. (well, i tried the couple ones that i did read until this "idea" occurred to me). What i did was simple and it worked. I simply just blew into the charger and into the tablet and pow!! it said "charging". Idk if this will fix your problem, I hope it does, but it fixed mine. Just giving my 2 cents.

0

fadimanar
1

1. Unplug the USB cable

2. On the cell phone, dial the following number: *#7284# Once the last # is hit,

the PhoneUtil application is launched.

Choose USB -> Modem and then USB -> PDA mode.

The good mode should be PDA.

Even if the mode is PDA, switch to Modem and then back to PDA.

3. Plug the USB cable.

0

Ginger Ninger
1

From my experience, I found that simpley switching off your tablet plugging in the charger and then switching it back on can sometimes work.

or

If you switch off your tablet, plug I charger into mains and then switch it back on. If the 'X' is still over the battery icon then un plug the charger and plug it back in (slowly) and then it should work.

Hope this solves your problem :)

0

skier girls
1

I found this out the hard way. I have been using Mophie pro external batteries and all of a sudden 3rd party cables stopped charging my Samsung tab2 7.0. I switched back to the samsung charging cable and all was well. Not sure what happens with non Samsung original OEM cables but they may work for awhile but not for long.

0

patriceluvbhug2018
1

your battery color is yellow while its charging when powered off is because you Updated Your Galaxy Tab 2

0

Aidan
1

Now my tablet won't turn on and I charged my tablet overnight.Please tell me how to turn it on.Thank you.

0

Ernie
1

Here's the problem. There is too much play in the USB connector. Even with brand new tablets. Go to a store and jiggle the power cord and you'll see it go from charge to no charge. Here's the solution. Put a piece of tape on the bottom of the connector, the metal part. This will remove some of the play and ensure the contacts are made properly.

0

peter griffin
1

it will charge even with the x but very slowly turn it off and it will charge. i have the galaxy tab 2 and i have the same problem, if it goes compleatly dead and its actin like it wont charge its fine.......let it sit and on the charger all day

0

Ashley
1

It was my USB cable that was causing it not to charge, it is working perfectly now 1% charging. No red x. I borrowed my grandmother's android usb cable instead. So I am pretty sure it was either that black box that you plug into the wall or the usb cable itself.

Edited by: Ashley ( )

0

Ali Haider
1

Lifin lee is great he says the right thing unplug then plug then unplug try this 2 or 3 times then it will work LOVE THE ANSWER OF LIFIN LEE

0

blare
1

Had problems charging from the mains with a flat battery. When plugged in the tab started the charge process but then conked out, started the charge process but then conked out, started the charge process but then conked out, started the charge process but then conked out, started the charge process but then conked out, started the charge process but then conked out....... Holding in the power and volume buttons 'till your fingers hurt with the charger plugged in seems to rectify the problem.. Thanks to all for invaluable advice.

0

Wilson Low
1

I had the same issue while device is on and the 'X' sign appear while charging from my Macbook.

What I did was, i unplug the cable from the device, and then plug back slowly, and the 'X' sign disappear.

Now even though my Tab device is on, I can still charge.

You may want to give this a try.

Good luck !

Wilson

Chances are, your batts are gone.

I had the same problem too after using my Tab for 2.5 years, totally cannot charge at all.

Replace new batt immediately.

Edited by: Wilson Low ( )

0

Brianna
1

The reason why the battery sign has a X on it is because you are using the wrong charger. When you use the wrong charger, it could cause problems in the tablet. Some chargers are strong than others and some chargers are weaker than others. If you use a charger that is stronger, the tablet would get way to hot. The tablet will probably not turn on if you keep doing it. (The tablet should tell you that it's to hot.)

TIP: If it has the X on the battery sign, turn the tablet off and don't mess with it until it's charged completely. (If you play on the tablet while it has the X on on the battery sign, then it won't charge.)

If you are using the right charger, then there might either be something wrong with the charge or the tablet. If there's something wrong with the tablet, there might be something loose in the tablet, due to dropping it. If there something wrong with the charger, check the charger cable. Look for any visible wires. If there is visible wires get a new charger. (If there isn't any visible wires, I really can't help you. You should take it to the shop.) One reason why you might see visible wires is because you probably kept bending the charger. When you do that, the charger insulator will slowly rip.

Ex: If you keep folding paper on the same crease, the paper will paper will eventually rip without a problem.

Like the wire insulator

I've learned by experience.

0

Stephan
1

Same problem as everyone. Tablet is 3 weeks old, and the battery stop charging. I don't want to use any of the tip above, I just want a brand new product to work as it should. I talked to the local Samsung dealer, he said they send back 30 tablets a day!!! (and this is a small town..) Apparently, it maybe a problem with the models made in Vietnam, and searching online I see a lot of people have that problem. The other problem, the tablet was a gift to my mother in Europe bought in the USA, and Samsung Europe refused to fix it for free, I need to go back to Samsung USA with all the shipping cost involved. This is my first Samsung purchase, so need to say, I'm not impressed with the product and not impressed by their customer service.

0

gpa1bug
1

The reason it is going to the red X. There are 2 problems first you do need the charger that came with your Tab 2 or any that put out 5v 2A. If you are using the 2A charger and still have the red X then you need to replace the cable that you are using to charge your Tab 2. I did this and now it charges with the Tablet turned on and NO red X. I figure if you at some point kink the cable or roll a chair over it making a flat spot it might of broke or messed up one or a few of the many wires inside the usb cable. So buy a few extra cables just in case. this of course is just my 2 cents. I had the problem of the red X and buying a new cable worked in my case. I tried the power down thing pulling the cable in and out fast. Nothing worked until I got a new cable.

0

Martin Tully
1

need to reset software by holding power and volume buttons for 10 seconds+ whilst turning on your device, android man will appear. . charge and timing of charge are out of sync.

0

Debbie
1

I have a Samsung Galaxy 2.7.0 I am trying to get it to charge..

Right now its currently like a paper weight, literally!

Is there another way to charge it I have NO charger what- so - ever to charge it.. I have many usb cords for the computer but I need something that will be able to fit in the area that hooks to the device.. unless there is a different location I am NOT aware of to charge it temporary..?

I would really like to find a way to charge this.. I am low on $$$ at the time & I am NOT to sure how to get it where it needs to be..

Any helpful advice ideas would be great on getting this tablet to work.

0

mary ann fitzharris
1

The tablet needs to be sent back to samsung,after several tries with all the other answers,nothing worked. My tablet was only a few months old. Spoke to samsung,returned it,they sent it back to me in a week and it was fixed free of charge.

0

Niki Golding
1

Been having the annoying red x / slow charging / trouble turning on issue on my Tab 10.1. Thanks for all the suggestions, obviously a known issue!! Tried many leads and Samsung plugs but made no difference.

What worked for me - holding down the power and volume buttons for about a minute. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 logo flashed up every 10 seconds or so. When I let go it started up normally and there was a white lightening flash on the battery icon as normal.

Thanks guys

SOLVED!!! PLEASE READ!!! Pressing the on/off and volume buttons together fixed it temporarily - but as soon as the tab was unplugged and plugged back in the red x came again. If the battery drained right down it was almost impossible to bring the tab back to life. I even bought a new battery as I thought the battery must be duff.... no. The problem was with the charger. The Tab and Note use a TWO AMP (2A, 2amp, 2Amp) charger. I was using the plug from my S3 phone with the tab lead. I looked at the small print on the plug and it's a one amp (1A, 1amp, 1Amp) plug. I had muddled up my plugs and leads. Hunted around for the 2amp plug and YAY! Immediately got the green battery charging icon, was able to switch the unit on easily and it is charging away now with a white lightning icon. Please guys, save yourself a massive headache - check you are using a two amp charger. I really hope this helps someone else. Good luck.

Niki Golding,

0

Wilson Low
1

Usually when this happens, it would probably means your battery may nee a replacement or there maybe some charger interface plugging in/out problem.

Best to get them change or replace a brand new set.

Just my 2 cts opiniion

0

aisha mohammed
1

My tab won't charge,but,when it does it take 3 or 4 days

0

natethetechnerd
1

if you go to youtube and search mlp season 4 episode 1 and 2. Click on the mlp vid thats 42 mins it is episodes 1 and 2. Make full size turn from up and down to side ways and let the video play for about 8 seconds and turn your screen off (tap the power button ] this always works for me but you have ro have your device pluged In the hole time. In a few hours after doing these steps you will have a full charge

Edited by: natethetechnerd ( )

0

joan
1

i had a similar prpblem and restarting the device while the cable is unplugged and then plugging it back again when it turns on worked for me.

0

scottjones8395
1

Im using the tab 2 10.1 and was having the same problem but the unpluging didnt work for me. I changed the plug(not cable) to a samsung galaxy phone charger and its working now. Just a suggestion for those of you who are still struggling.

0

Natasha
1

My tab is low battery and is showing that its loading but it's not .its not charging at all I tried so many ways and methods to meek this work it's getting on ma last nerves it has been charging for 2 days without me touching it I can't reboot it cuz its out of power may Sumone plssss help with this galaxy I tried and tried and it didn't work help me p.s follow me on instagram @iamm_moody luv ya

0

Timothy Mattingly
1

they say you have to use the manufacture charger but the thing is I can't find one that where might have a day, charger I bought it off ebay it works great but its slowly charges I think as sections text like I must a day and a half to charge

I don't have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 I have a samsung galaxy s3 and mine takes for ever to church today just because I don't have a manufactured charger

Timothy Mattingly,

0

Cadel Sumner
1

i have the same problem and i donno what to do. I changed my charger once and it worked fine for month and the evil X started to haunt me again!!! so someone help me too!!!!

and i have tried out like almost everything here but it still dosent work!!! :/ i cant live without it cause all my documents, files and photos are in it!!

SOMEONE HELP MEH!

0

syed moeed amjad
1

my tab just wont charge before turning it on the battery sign appears it fills a quater and then turns off it happen repeatedly

0

Niki Golding
1

SOLVED!!! PLEASE READ!!!

I have been having all sorts of problems with my Galaxy Tab 10.1 not charging properly and having the red x on the battery icon. Pressing the on/off and volume buttons together did seem to fix it - but as soon as the tab was unplugged and plugged back in the red x came again. If the battery drained right down it was almost impossible to bring the tab back to life. I even bought a new battery as I thought the battery must be duff.... no.

The problem was with the charger. The Tab and Note use a TWO AMP (2A, 2amp, 2Amp) charger. I was using the plug from my S3 phone with the tab lead. I looked at the small print on the plug and it's a one amp (1A, 1amp, 1Amp) plug. I had muddled up my plugs and leads. Hunted around for the 2amp plug and YAY! Immediately got the green battery charging icon, was able to switch the unit on easily and it is charging away now with a white lightning icon.

Please guys, save yourself a massive headache - check you are using a two amp charger.

I really hope this helps someone else. Good luck.

0

Jovan Veljanoski
1

just unplugin then slowly put et to half iff that not work just try to go back and foword it will work truts me if that work put a 1 min to charge then plug in to the end after that you will have fixed samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1........sorry because my bad english

0

willybujin
1

I was having a usb chord problem for a while, so I replaced it for a printer usB cable and attached the 30-pin connector to it. It worked for some time, but then stopped charging the tablet,

It's been near a month from that and now that I managed to get a new SAMSUNG USB cable , the tablet won't charge, not even the "x" mark, not even recognized connected to the PC, I've tried severaL ways to perform a hard reset, pressing and holding the power btn and moving the finger across the screen, pressing and holding pwr btn and then vol +, without any resault.

I've checked the voltage from the battery connector and show 4.58 V.

If someone have any idea plz let me know.

0

Ashton Bouvier
1

I already tried that it still charges very slow

0

Dreenagh Cory
25

Mine would charge really slowly with the red cross through the charging icon and if left to go too flat would get stuck and I would have to put the plug in and out multiple times till it started charging again, I brought a new cord (genuine Samsung ) and now it is fixed.charges really fast and is working much better ,

0

AndreaBaglione
471

Check our power supply, for my Galaxy s3 and tab the problem is this.

0

jeremy
1

Keep plugging it in and out, it worked for me.

0

mee
1

New charge cord fixed mine.

0

erica
1

my tablet has the same problem -.- uugghhh i do shut the device off to charge but it still has the x on it

0

Kim
1

I've been messing with this darn charger for three days!!

I tried using all sorts of USB wall plugs. I tried using the USB port in my computers....nothing worked. I could power the tablet, but no charge. FINALLY I found the USB plug that came with the tablet. It worked. !@#$%^ me off, but it worked.

WHY it only works with the factory USB wall port, I have NO idea. It charged fine using other ones since I got it in August. Now it is deciding to be a bear. Anyway...if this helps anyone...it's worth the headache I've been dealing with these last few days.

This Week: 2,836

This Month: 8,949