0

oliver Sweeney
1

Why does my iPhone keep turning off by itself?

My Girl friend dropped it in a puddle one afternoon, it was there for less then a second before I went home (around the corner) used the hairdryer and sealed it in a bag of rice to absorb moisture, it came out working but now turns itself off randomly and not at intervals more like when it chooses to. What should I do?

Edited by: oldturkey03, rj713, mayer, pollytintop, and Brian ( ) , bushing ( )

3

markus weiher
29k

I wouldn't say that it has nothing to do with the fluid damage only because there are some iPhones that has this issue.

there are many possibilitys for the behavior of the "switching off iPhones" - firstly - weak batteries, bad solderings, too many times dropped and so on.

as with all fluid damages i reccomend to disassemble and clean the logic board of the phone with rubbing alcohol, check all connectors and after the phone is dry, reassemble it and check if it's still has the strange behavior