0

Bradley
1

Why isn't the power/lock button working?

When I plug my phone into the charger I can use it when the screen lights up, but when I unplug it and the screen goes black I can't. The power/lock button is not working.

Edited by: pollytintop ( )

Does it feel like the button is clicking? Was there any exposure to water?

davidlabbott2,

5

Jessie
91

I had the same exact problem today! I called Technical Support and talked to a very helpful woman! She explained to me that sometimes your phone needs to "reboot" itself. To reboot the phone, I just held down the power/lock screen button, and the volume down button for about a minute. The phone then restarts and gives you the power up screen. Now my phone is back to normal, and I can unlock the phone without it needing to be plugged into the charger!

Jessie, Thank you so very much for sharing the instructions Tech support gave you! It worked perfectly on my phone!

rj35,

Worked for me too, thanks a ton!!!

Alexa Thomas,

Dude jessie thanks man.

sharkyzer0,

0

Werewolf590
177

Could be, but maybe a drop that you are/are not aware of? I would recommend a simple visit to your nearest repair shop. You may have a restriction set that you are also not aware of, so have a look in all of the obvious places where this could be.

0

mark
1

Worked for me too, Thanks

0

Gary Jackson
1

That worked just fine for me. Contacted Verizon, the rep said no problems of this nature have been reported and immediately issued a replacement phone. This happened about 5 minutes into my beginning work and I do not have internet access so I said send the phone. When I got home to my laptop I googled the issue, found this page and fixed my problem in about three minutes. The phone is working much better than the customer service rep at Verizon worked tonight. Shame on you Verizon for allowing such a lazy employee to deal with your customers.

I did just what was described and my phone is working fine. The replacement "refurbished" phone will be returned to sender!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your information

Gary

0

Jeremy
1

I just had the same issue with my phone, my power button wasn't working. I thought I was going to have to take it to a store tomorrow to see if they could fix it. I got on the computer and googled the issue and found this solution. Thank you so much my phone is now working great, power button and all. I would hate to have gone in the store and looked like an idiot just to do this. LOL Thank you so much for your help.

Jeremy

0

thad
1

I tried to reboot as well and it didn't work I did drop it in the toilet this morning for about a second bit its on everything works except the power button any other suggestions? Thanks

Thad

0

Brittany Murphy
1

my phone wont let me unlock it and the power button and volume button arent working, any ideas how I can restart it?