0

Courtney
1

Wont turn on and says download custom OS

One day it turned off and I tried holding down the power and volume up it says it needed to download a custom OS or press down on the volume button for restart and everytime I go to restart it just stays at the 'samsung' screen and when I go to download it will just stay on the screen of the android character and says downloading but will just stay like that until it turns off, please someone help

1

davidlabbott2
271

Try holding the power button until it powers down (more than ten seconds). You've booted into download mode. Once powered down, plug it into the charger and leave it alone for a few hours. Then attempt boot. Let me know what happens.

Edited by: davidlabbott2 ( )

0

jessa
1

my galaxy tab 2 wont on .. i try to hold the power button but evertime i start it it just stays at the "samsung" and when i hold the vulome up and power it says download custom os and when i downloaded it , it just still downloading but nothing happens .. please help me to solve this .. asap .. thanks

0

lannister
1

it is a custom operating system. There are developers who take samsungs software and rewrite it the way they like it. Or they take stock Android and load it to the device with some modifications... These custom OS's are called custom ROMs by tech community

Edited by: Walter Galan ( )

0

vivvalicious95
1

This is exactly what happened to me. I can't turn on my samsung galaxy ace duos. Whenever I press the power button, it starts and keep freezing at the Samsung screen. A few minutes before this happened, I have downloaded a few fonts from the internet. Is it possible that this problem may due to the downloaded applications? Then what should I do? I tried to press the vol key + power key and it says that I need to download the custom OS. I am afraid that if I download this thing the phone will still be just the same. Or.... getting worse (lose all the memory) Now, I cant start my phone anymore. I just cant live without it :((

0

Akriti Vaid
1

One day it turned off and I tried holding down the power and volume up it says it needed to download a custom OS or press down on the volume button for restart and everytime I go to restart it just stays at the 'samsung' screen and when I go to download it will just stay on the screen of the android character and says downloading but will just stay like that until it turns off, please someone help and i tried charging it and switching it on again but it is still stuck at the samsung logo. i need all the data stored in it urgently.

0

Frank Haas
1

If you saved all the info to the sd card..plug phone into computer go to My Computer and right click on the Samsung phone and download the info to your computer.

0

Emma Shrubb
1

I am having the same sort of problem. I went to go cancel by pusing down but went up instead. I need to cancel this and it wont power down. I need help ASAP!!!

0

Jan Kandrac
1

if you want to download a custom os press the volume up key

samsung galaxy note 2

Jan Kandrac,

0

Ayesha
1

thank you

david soo much i had the same thing as courtney

thank youu

0

Azka Asif
1

galaxy tab 3 turns off on its on even though battery is fully charged. is it some bug or I am mistreating it ? please advise.Thanks

0

skittulit08
1

I also have problem with my samsung note 10.1.. I was browsing the net when suddenly my screen turned black and when it come on the samsung galaxy welcome screen come back on a blinking mode. I tried pressing all the buttons to restart it but it wont shut down.. until I got the msge saying "warning! A custom os can cause critical problems in phone and installed apps.... etc.............. " and its asking me to press volume down to cancel the download and volume up to continue....

so when I pres the volume down to cancel it went back to the welcome screen...

but when I press the volume up the ODIM MODE scfeen appears and it says downloading but I keep waiting but nothing happens....

Can anyone help me please..