1

Lim Kb
13

MacBook air 13" Late 2010 Keyboard Replacement

i have a MacBook Air 13" Late 2010 without the backlit. I was wondering is it possible for me to change the keyboard with backlit that used by MacBook Air 13" Mid 2011 onward. Because i find it very difficult to identify the key, especially my working environment lighting is very poor.

Edited by: machead3 and oldturkey03 ( ) , Lim Kb ( )

1

Majesty

Although the part numbers are different, for obvious reasons, the Keyboards look identical. Now, although the keyboard/connections look identical the problem can arise after installation due to the logic board and the logic boards firmware. I have never attempted this swap personally, so I would call Apple or wait to see if anyone here has successfully attempted this swap before spending the $$$ on this keyboard.

0

Lim Kb
13

Thanks for the information. Has anybody successfully change it ? As my research the logic board is changed with a new plug in for controlling the LED for the keyboard.