0

Milan
1

How do you fix bluetooth?

My 16G 3G iPhone went kayaking with me...in the 'dry bag'. Apparently not so. It got little bit wet.And the whole phone went completely DEAD/bricked. I have seen little bit of moisture in the camera lens. After talking to rep @ ATT store he sugested to putt iPhone in 'bag of rice overnight' no kidding... it worked. but Bluetooth has not. Every time when I try to turn the Bluetooth on switch it's laboring for few seconds and then it turns it's self off. How do i fix it/

Thank you.

Edited by: rab777hp ( )

I noticed you never got an answer to this. Are you still having this problem

machead3,

2

markus weiher
29k

wow, this is almost a year old - anyway - there are many people with a similar problem.

the water most likely shortened some parts on the mainboard.

use the gps antenna guide (click) to disassemble the phone (you can stop at the point where the "board" comes out of the rear panel)

use some rubbing alcohol and a soft paintbrush (should have short hair) to clean the "greenish/white" areas (looks a little bit like mold).

be careful not to break anything on the "board" - let it dry and reassemble the phone.

wifi/bt and gps are using the same antenna - so look in the area of connector 6 - but the damages can be all over the "board".

good luck

Yes, thank you for responding.

Milan,