0

peckanthony
1

My iPhone won't charge and iTunes doesn't recognize it.

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

Since this night, my iPhone won't charge anymore and iTunes doesn't recognize it. It's possible it got damaged when I fell this night but it has no other visable damage. I noticed my connecter had a few green marks and on google, they say it might have burned/fried or something.

Is anyone familiar with this problem?

I'm thinking I would try to change the dock connector but I wanted to ask here first.

Edited by: iRobot ( )

the green is probably corrosion. you could try and clean it with a vinegar/sterile water solution followed by a isopropyl alcohol 90%+ rinse. A new dock connector"could" be a solution, depends what else you find when you open it up.

I opend it and everything else looked normal (I have opened it a few times before). I'll try that vinegar/sterile water solution and alcohol. This may be a dumb question but is it vinegar OR sterile water or do I mix the two together? And if so, how much vinegar per amount of water?

peckanthony,

I use a 50/50 mix of vinegar and sterile water :-)

Okay, i will try that. Thank you very much.

peckanthony,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghQHYV7ss... This fixed my problem, it was just dust.

peckanthony,