0

Nagendra
1

Increase of ram memory

How can I increase ram memory in Samsung galaxy tab 2.?

My total memory I is 770MB space, but I need more memory for installing more apps. I got a 32gb external memory card also. Can anyone solve my problem?

3

Nagendra, you can not increase the memory. The memory is an IC soldered to the logic board. Unless you can find a bigger memory IC that fits the BGA on the board identical, and you have to tools to reball, and your firmware will accept the higher memory, it is not possible for the DIY'er. Hope this helps, good luck.

Since you have the 32 GB card you are maxed out with that unit. +1

rj713,

I will comment that you can uninstall apps that you aren't using, to free up space. Unfortunately, there are some applications that are installed by the manufacturer and cannot be uninstalled. These are lovingly referred to as "bloatware". There are also several apps to clean up cache files of apps that are no longer installed. One such app is called Clean Master. On a lot of other devices you can store apps on the SD card, but this device has hardware limitations that don't allow for apps 2 sd storage. Be selective with what you install! If you don't use it on a regular basis, trash it!

davidlabbott2,

0

timothypsouthwick
31

there are newer apps out there to help you move apps 2 sd. but the bloatware can not be moved.just disable ,forsstop and clear apps you do not use.you can also uninstall updates for said apps.this should help with freeing up some ram.for apps 2 sd, you will need to look around at google play store for app 2sd. hint,look at comments,try free apps first befor you by apps.look to see if app makers are ingaged with thier customers and app updates.check to see if apps are rooted or not.

0

vijay
1

I have updated os of my tab2.

Now the performance became poor.some time it get restarted automatically.

Any solution.

Please help.

Vijay

Edited by: vijay ( )

0

richardmason
1

What OS have you installed? Does that mean you have rooted the tablet? This should result in more space as you'll get rid of bloatware and many of the ROMs (effectively versions of the Android operating system) and tweaked to run faster. Google xda forums and you will find lots of advice for your device.

Good luck

0

Antonio Carlos Salazar
1

So the only option i got is to have a 16gb to 32gb extCard? Cant even up the memory of ram... no wonder some games lag because of the bloatware. Geez..

0

Markus P
1

There is a nasty bug in the Galaxy Tab 2 operating system: Logfiles pile up in one of the system directories that are not accessible to the normal user. This can easily eat up most of the 8 or 16 GB internal flash memory...

This is how to get around this problem:

- Root your Galaxy Tab

- Install a file manager software (e.g. Total Commander)

- Navigate to the ./data/log directory and delete the *.log and *.txt files

This Month: 1,502