0

jonathan jones
1

My kindle won't turn on. Is it the battery?

I walked in one day and my kindle fire hd refused to turn on. I've made a visual inspection of the motherboard and battery nothing seems out of sorts. Is there a way to tell if the battery itself is the problem or if there is something else i can try. I am not terribly concerned about the fire itself, there is a good amount of data on the harddrive that i need to get off. I'd love to get the fire working again but the data is more important. Is there anyway that i can get the data out? or tell if the battery is working so that I don't waste my money trying to fix it.

0

jonathan jones, the Kindle does not have a hard drive. It stores information on memory IC's. the only way to get any information off it would be with an expensive NAND memory reader and the right software. Most likely not an easy DIY'er job. I would start with the battery. You can use a multimeter and see what power you have on it and if it charges by checking on the battery contacts with a multimeter while plugging it in.

0

Karen
1

when i unlock my kindle the screen goes black. I can not get into any books or games.