0

ericambrose32
1

What are the four black chips on the mobo.

Right below the GPU and CPU. Can some one tell me what they are and what they do? Their are four on the back too.

Edited by: mayer ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

ericambrose32, it would really help if you post an image. I have a feeling I know what you are looking at, but hate to guess.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/S... The two below the RSX and the two below the Cell BE.

ericambrose32,

1

ericambrose32, those a memory IC's. They are EDX5116ACSE and are a "512M bits XDR™DRAM organized as 32M words X16 bits. It is a general-purpose high-performance Memory device suitable for use in a broad range of applications." Hope this helps, good luck

Thanks for the info. I was still unable to fix it so I took it in to have it look at and they told me that there was a shot on the broad so its dead :( but I do want to say thank you for your advice and I learned a lot form messing with it, and it will soon be on eBay for parts.

ericambrose32,

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you on selling it.