0

thanhtue14
1

Upgrading flash memory from 16GB to 32GB or higher

I've tinkered and change memory boards, hard drives, and some components on my laptops. I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade the flash memory on my Kindle Fire HD from 16GB to 32 or even 64GB with another eMMC memory chip? If so, which one the 4.41 or 4.5 version? Is it even worth it to do so in terms of labor and money?

Thank you,

Anh.

I think its risky to open a Kindle Fire. There are no guides Available about this at the moment maybe u should wait for one.

Rico,

2

thanhtue14, here is the teardown for the Kindle. the memory is "hardwired" to the motherboard. It is a BGA chip soldered to the board and as such an integrated part of it. I would imagine that this is possible if you have expensive machinery, the right stencil and the right memory chip, but not for the normal DIY'er. There is also no guarantee that your firmware will accept the higher memory. Hope this helps, good luck.