0

mootzz
1

Wifi Does Not Detect Any Access Points

Got an iPad 1 3G Wifi from a friend but it won't hold a charge and can't detect any wifi access points, but I can see that the 3G is working as it is showing AT&T.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Replaced Battery

2. Complete reset to factory settings, as in purged from scratch.

The battery now charges but drains out fast, and still no Wifi detected. I thought about replacing the wifi chip but not sure if this would fix it. Any direction will be much appreciated.

peace.

The reason why the battery drains is because it is searching for a Wifi connection. Check your antenna connection for any corrosion, missing components.

0

Owen Cunneely

If you replaced the battery with a brand new one, then it seems a little abnormal that it is still loosing charge fast. I wonder if there is a sort of short in the device. Are there any dents on the back or side that could have moved something around inside the device. There is a similar problem I have found on iPhones. If you put a longer screw where one of the grounding screws goes the battery drains quickly and you have no sound, WiFi, or 3G. I wonder if you may have a similar issue. I would check to make sure that everything inside is firmly seated. Did the previous owner tell you when this problem started happening, after a drop, exposure to water?