0

Rakeria Washington
13

How can I fix my loose charger port?

I've had my Android for a while now. For the last few days my phone has been hard to charge. Sometimes i hold something up under the charger to help it charge, or sometimes i make sure that the charger is laying flat. The port inside the phone is loose and i just want to know how can i fix it?

Edited by: mayer ( )

1

Rakeria Washington, start off by using a new cable and see if that makes a difference. It is possible the the plug on the cable is worn out. If it does not, you may have replace the charging port. Take a look at the teardown and see if that is something you are comfortable with. you will have to solder a new connector to the board. The port is available at places like this. Hope this helps, good luck

0

BEN
91

Really when it begins to be loose there is not much you can do except replace it. Sooner or later it will get worse and your USB port will be completely useless, so its better to just replace it like they said. I think the manufacture wants them to break because they often don't have much solder holding them in place. You can be sure to solder it on securely if you do it yourself and you can even add a little epoxy to make sure it stays in place a lot longer this time.

It is a hardware problem that the USB port got loosen. Replacing a new USB port flex cable is a good choice to fix it. You can repair it follow the repair video of Replacing Galaxy S4 USB port flex cable : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snCH8H3NC...

Vege Cai,

0

Ivan
1

I know a little late but I had a loose charger port and fixed it easily, no soldering. I open up the phone and using a wrench or even pliers, I squeezed the charger port flat a bit. Just kept doing that until my USB charger fit snug again. and boy does it fit snug!!

0

Rob Stevens
1

My charger plug kept falling out, and it turned out the port was was partially blocked with lint! It slowly accumulated from being in my pocket all the time, and then when you plug in the charger it packs it down at the bottom. Take a stick pin and carefully scrape the lint out of the port a tiny bit at a time.

0

Jason
1

I have a loose black wire in my extended battery pack. I would like to know how to fix it or where it goes.

This Week: 1,087

This Month: 2,928