0

Debbie
1

New ink won't print

Bought Epson cartridges. Printer runs as expected - no print on page

1

Scott
187

make sure the tape is off the cartridge before putting them in

or try different cartridges

0

Nick

These older Epson inkjet printers are notorious for clogging, especially if you stick to using genuine Epson cartridges, because their ink is thicker in these(dare I say thicker then DruaBRITE Ultra), and combining age with these older Epson printers makes for a recipe for disaster in the printhead, because the ink is so thick, it clogs that bad; this fix worked on my Epson R200 before the printer's printhead service station failed

Here's what I do to fix the problem

Put some gloves on since this usually gets messy

Next, put the printer in ink change mode, and unplug the printer; this allows free printhead movement(if you can find the carriage lock switch, push that in the unlocked position)

Remove the ink cartridges from the printer and put those aside

Put 3 or 4 napkins in the printer to catch the ink

Next, you want a syringe, 91% rubbing alcohol, and plastic tubing to do this(Walgreens or CVS should sell a syringe; look for one without a needle and see about plastic tubing there too, plus they will have the alcohol; if there's no 91%, get as close as possible)

This is the syringe you want

http://www.informationaboutdiabetes.com/...

Fill the syringe with rubbing alcohol, and put the plastic tubing on(if you need to warm it up to make it pliable, use hot water)

Put the end that isn't on the syringe on the nozzles and slowly push the alcohol through the nozzles till you get all the ink out; repeat as needed on each nozzle

This is like the "cleaning" solutions you can find online; the cleaning kits they want 20.00 for are nothing more then diluted rubbing alcohol, or denatured alcohol, don't bother with cleaning kits that are supposedly "designed to work", they are designed to because they're like alcohol, as I am saying to use in this; this will be a LOT cheaper if you don't buy these cleaning kits

Flush the nozzles with tapwater after that, and throw the napkin out

Edited by: Nick ( )

0

gret1964
1

I replaced all ink but my printer still wont' work, I haven't used the printer in almost a year, it is just for printing photos.

Sounds like a clogged head then; follow that cleaning procedure I mentioned that works, and yes, you have to flush it to get the rubbing alcohol out of the system

Nick,