0

exests
1

iPad 4 and iPad 3 digitizer differences

I want to replace my iPad 4 digitizer, can i replace with iPad 3 (New iPad) digitizer?

Are those both same?

Edited by: Richdave and oldturkey03 ( ) , Walter Galan ( )

hey, any answer yes? is the digitizer of ipad 3 works perfectlu fine on ipad 4?

zack,

2

DarrenG
79

I can confirm that iPad 3 and iPad 4 digitisers are interchangeable.

Yes, the home button assembly is of a completely different design on the 4th Gen iPad. But, for most of us, the home button assembly is transferred from the original device so that wouldn't be an issue. Suppliers here in the UK are charging 25% more for a 4th Gen digitiser that is identical in every way (no home button included). Not sure if that's because they're paying more for it and don't know it's identical or if they're ramping the price because customers won't realise.

DarrenG,

1

jonnyhicks
73

Hi. I am repairing my first ipad 4 digitiser this morning. I thought I would test an ipad 3 digitiser originally bought in error for an ipad 2. It's an EL digitiser purchased off eBay. I can confirm it is fully Woking on the 4 at this stage. Hope this helps.

I would like to know if all the functionality is there? From what I understand they should NOT be compatible due to the home button flex cable...

flogo2003,

All the fuctionality is there with the one I used. Why wouldn't it be compatible? The home button flex cable has it's own connection. It doesn't use the same connection as the digitiser.

jonnyhicks,

0

Mitch Rush

According to my parts suppliers the answer to your question is no, if you find that to be wrong I would love to hear about it, good luck.

0

Scott Goldman
1

There is a grounding clip on the home button on the iPad 4 that is not on the iPad 3.

Edited by: Scott Goldman ( )

0

srmlove1986
1

the digitizer and the lcd of ipad 3 is the same on ipad 4

i used it and it is the same parts

0

Jesus Ruiz
1

Here is the answer - iPad Retina Front Panel

iPad Retina Front Panel

Touch portion (digitizer) of the display. Use to replace a cracked, broken, or shattered digitizer. Compatible with all 3rd and 4th Generation iPads (all Retina iPads). — 36 available at 84.95 each.

0

alinachau
163

It seems they are different, you can see the deatails from here

0

YoloRepair ca
1k

I can confirm they use the same digitizer. Tested on multiple ipads.

You will have to take the home button out of the old glass and put it on the new glass (just like all the ipads) but otherwise, functionality and fitment are the same. Vendors just say it's different so that they can charge $10-15 more.

0

SaqibQ
1

We have done repairs on iPad 4 using iPad 3 Digitizers and have had no problems. I get my parts from iWholesaleParts.com. They also carry color conversion kits for the iPad. I have made my iPad red.