0

Mohammad Hakim Kharbotli
11

Can I Install an SDD and keep the original HDD

Can I Install an SDD and keep the original HDD in my Macbook pro and then move the operating system from the HDD to the new SDD, so in this way ill be able to use the SDD for OS running and boot and the HDD for storage.

2

LikeARabbit

No and yes. NO if you want to retain use of your optical drive, there physically isn't enough room in the machine for two hard drives in addition to your SuperDrive. YES if you don't mid losing your SuperDrive in favor of a second hard drive.

The kit below allows this exact setup by providing a hard drive carrier in the shape of an optical drive that mounts where the SuperDrive once was, allowing you to instead install the secondary hard drive.

SATA Optical Bay Hard Drive Enclosure Kit

Once that is installed you can format and setup the drives in whatever configuration you choose.

Unibody Laptop Dual Drive

Add a hard drive to your laptop by replacing the optical drive with a second hard drive. Compatible with all Unibody MacBooks and Unibody MacBook Pros (excluding MacBook Pro Retina). 9.5 mm Internal SATA Optical Bay for SATA Hard Drives. — 50+ available at 39.95 each.