0

Ken Dominy
1

After Screen/digitizer Replacement, the power button is not working.

Hello all..

This is my first post, so kid gloves please.

I did the research first before carrying out this task, ie making note of where cables are etc....

My ipad2 for some reason is not like the others for instance, the power cable (top right section) is not visable (I have pictures if needed) all other cables are where they should be.

Now i've checked the cables and re-seated twice and tested the ipad2 and it all works apart from the power cable. Wifi good, sound up n down working, mute working, sleep/home button working.

Now the ipad2 was off before I started and it never came on when i was removing the old screen.

I had to plug the usb recharge cable in to find out that the power button was not working.

I have discharged the battery, still not working.

So is there someone out there that might give me any pointers as to what is going on?

Do i have a faulty digitizer? any suggestions no matter how odd ball it may seem are welcome....yeah yeah No jokers. :))

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , iRobot ( )

0

Mitch Rush

Ken your Ipad doesn't look the same in the upper right corner because the ribbon cable you cant find of got ripped out when you removed the cracked Digitizer and that's why the power button isn't working, I figure that cable and the wifi cable into every price quote in my shop because it usually gets destroyed, so its an easy fix, get a new cable and install it, good luck, f this answer was helpful please remember to mark it accepted.'

Edited by: Mitch Rush ( )

Hi, That was my first thought. I checked all the bits of screen and no cable to be found. due to the nature of the break I had lots of bits and was able to view each section of broken glass as it came off so I'm going with My ipad has the ipad 3 power/flex cable. Apple must of found the error of their ways when it came to flex cables. Thank you Mitch that is a great comment, one that may of very well been the answer.

Ken Dominy,

0

ReekoB
709

The latest iPad 2's that are being produced don't have the iPad 2 power/volume flex. They have the iPad 3 power/volume flex.

This flex obviously looks different.

Check for damage to the flex cable and check that all connections are seated properly.

Hi, I've re-seated twice made sure that it was free of dust or bits of screen. each time the same outcome all working bar the power button. The power button clicks and feels the same. If the volume/mute button flex cable had damage I would think that it would not work, I've even taken a macro pic of the visable flex and theres not even what may look like, its been pulled, scratched or poked. I'm so confused as to what it may be. I've not reset via the settings yet as I've read that some have not been able to get it going again. Could it be a software issue? Thanks for your comment, the ipad2 was purchased in NYC 1 year ago so it may of been one of the first to have the ipad3 flex configuration.

Ken Dominy,

0

shannon
1

I have the same issue and am wondering if maybe the power button got too hot when removing the screen? Maybe an internal componant got melted.

Any thoughts?

0

Nathan
11

The cable that goes from the Power Button, down the side to the volume and hold buttons, then to the interconnect board has been torn/damaged. This requires replacement.

There are 2 places where you can easily catch the cable and rip it.

http://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi...

If you look closely here. You will see the cable go over the frame twice. I have made this mistake enough to not make it again.