0

laszlo
1

iPod headphone jack problem headphone wont go all the way in,

My iPod touches audiojack must have somthing in it because when i try to plug my headphone into it,it wont allow it to go all the way at first i though it must be the headset because at first i couldnt hear the music then i tried out a brand new pair and same thing the music would not play i then seen that it's not in all the way i took a Q-tip and and tried to clean it and nothing it didnt work so i tried it another way by cutting all of it off except a little part put on some Windex and still nothing.

If any sugestions plz add respecting all sugestions.

thank you.

Las.

Edited by: osvaldo and oldturkey03 ( )

2

mayer

Look at the tip of the original headphone jack and see if it's broken off.

I would replce the jack. Here's the part: http://www.repairsuniverse.com/iPod-touc... Heres a guide for the 2nd generation which should be the same. http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Insta...

mayer,

Okay. Thanks very much.

laszlo ,

2

James Graham
25

I had the same problem and used the tip of a safety pin/needle to dig out all of the dust in the headphone jack. You wouldn't believe how big the dust ball is that comes out. This worked for me, you should try it on the onnector port as well, it's ridiculous.

0

Lindsay Nelson
1

Working great now though

0

Harneil
1

Thank You so much for the suggestion of using a safety pin, I was getting worried there was another problem. Haha thanks again

0

Tony Pronk
1

same here, cleaning it out worked fine. My headphone connector would not 'click' into place any longer so it would constantly come out on its own - simple case of dust clogging up the jack. Thanks for this great and effective suggestion.