0

jcramaley
1

No video/audio MacBook 13'' , broken logic board?

I've working in this MBP after someone split red wine on it. After cleaning and replacing the original keyboard it wont show video or sound, i could hear the HardDrive working, also shown the light.

I toke all the memories out hoping it was a issue with it , when i turn it on there is no beeps or sound. I clean again the whole logic board, replace the thermal compound , test again and nothing happened But the status light stays lit up.

Any suggestions?

I will appreciatie any help possible suggestion to fix this issue.

Edited by: jcramaley ( )

You say "no beeps or sound" are you seeing the desktop? Is it functioning except for sound? IF SO it could be the audio board... if not you have a damaged logic board... spilled wine will do that.

machead3,

Thanks for answering. My case as many others that probably i had read about is that i am allow to turn it on also can see the light status on , hear the Hard disk spinning but there is no image , any type of sound even when i try the memory test. So my question is do i need replace the logic board? or there is a possible non expensive fix ? Thanks for helping to solve this problem for all the community

jcramaley,

3

mayer

Hook it up to an external display to see if the GPU is generating a video signal. If not, you will most likely have to replace the logic board.