0

Rani
1

Battery Icon with question mark (?)

My HP touchpad is out of warranty. When I try to power it on it shows a battery icon with question mark in it. When it is connected to a charger the light flashes on the center button. I have tried all solutions posted on the web, with different button combinations, leaving it on charge for more than a day, using different cables, trying to leave it connected to a computer, etc. Everything brings back the battery icon with question mark and cannot do anything more.

Connecting to a computer with USB, makes the center button lights to flash, but cannot access the file system thru USB.

I thought changing the battery, but not sure if that will fix the issue.

Is there a way to reset to factory defaults?

Please let me know if there is anyway to fix this.

2

mayer

Here's how to replace your DEAD battery: HP TouchPad Battery Replacement

0

gsharpe
1

It is more than likely not the battery, but that it is 'bricked' due to corruption of the boot-up firmware. Many people have had the issue, including myself, and resolved it by the methods at this link:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/38786-tpdebri...

If this works for you, then thank all the people who worked to develop a solution especially 'jcsullins'!

Edited by: gsharpe ( )