0

Joseph
1

Is the home button removable?

I noticed there are many sites selling home button replacement parts for the Galaxy S3. I've yet to see a video where this part is removed prior to removing the display assembly from the chassis. Can this be done without removing the display (and likely destroying the display in the process)?

Edited by: Walter Galan ( ) , Joseph ( )

1

25

well i would think that if it is like every other samsung phone then no it cant be removed what ur probably thinking of is the line to the circuit board that needs to be replaced.

No, I'm referring to the actual home button itself. The part with the chrome ring. The part seems to be readily available online, but the only videos I've seen the button being removed was during display replacements.

Joseph,

1

Lisbeth
67

The home button press a small swith that is attached to a cable on the inside of the screen. It's dead easy to take it apart, check video on youtube a guy called les5on makes grest walkthoughs. Have done it myself on S3 and galaxy Y. Do rember to ground yourwelf each time youve been moving around. Or get an antisratic wrist strap.

Were you able to find what you were looking for? I've ordered the part but can't figure out how to get to the port to plug it in. I can't find anyone on youtube names les5on either.

Dan Mercer,

Ps: the button itself can be changed, but the flex cable cant. It runs under the fused screenassembly. Dont you have warranty one year? Go to shop where you bought phone and complain. Good luck.

Lisbeth,

1

Lisbeth
67

Hi. Dont bother changing!

I use virtual homebutton and its SO good. Download app

SOFTHOME start and enable.

Now you have a floating green house which

Is homebutton. I never use hard home as I love that

ALL buttons are on screen. Good luck

LisbethSighFehrmann

0

Nick

You need to replace the whole AMOLED screen and digitizer assembly, or the whole screen assembly due to the construction of the display assembly

Just push it around and it might go back in place, but to replace it requires a screen and digitizer

Edited by: Nick ( )

0

Sandro Flores Bendezu
1

I too need change the home button of my Galaxy S4... help me please... any link... article...

0

Sandro Flores Bendezu
1

Buuuu.... upload a video ... how to change the home button Galaxy S4... please... desperate... desperate... 10... 9... 8...

0

Lisbeth
67

Button plastic can be changed only when separating glass. If cable is broken it is a new screen assembly

http://m.tmart.com/LCD-Touch-Screen-Beze...

This is the reason i use SOFTHOME app. Virtual homebutton that float. Because if homebutton breaks its crap to use phone.