Replaced dock assembly, can't adjust the ringer volume anymore etc.?
So I replaced the dock connector in a friend's iPhone 3G 16GB.
Things that DON'T work any more:
- I can't hear anyone via the earpiece when I call
- I can't adjust ringer volume when I don't use a headset (the volume icon appears when pressing the volume buttons, but without the grey/white bars)
- There is no ringer any more at all
- I can't use the speaker for the iPod app
- Ringer/vibrator switch doesn't seem to work either
- Nor does the proximity sensor
Things that DO work:
- I can hear the start-up tone when I turn on the iPhone
- I can call via headset, both speak and hear
- I can put the phone on speaker
- I can change the volume both when on speaker and via headset
- I can change ringer volume when using a headset
- Mic records sound
So the speaker of the new dock assembly is not broken and the volume buttons. What can be wrong?
Also at random times I get the warning "This accessory is not optimized for this iPhone".
It would seem your ear speaker is an easy one to figure out, of the 3 connectors that are on your digitizer lcd assembly the first one that you should hook up that slides in and has a jaw connector is probably not hooked up right, if you used a new speaker-dock assembly it could be bad, If not I have seen this happen many times and sometimes have had luck using a toothbrush to clean lint and debris from the dock connector, these symptoms state that the phone thinks it's plugged into a music dock and is trying to send everything to it, so if cleaning it doesn't work you may need a new one. love to hear back if this helps