0

David
1

Add Boot Option using Insydeh20 setup utility

I have Dell Inspiron 7520 (i7 processor) laptop. When I tried to start my system it's showing the spinning icon & after few seconds, it shows me blue screen with the following error message:

"Your PC ran into a problem and need to restart. we're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you".

Once it shows the above message, the system restarts and then repeats the same process of showing the same error message & restart. This keeps happening in a loop.

The software running in BIOS is Insydeh20 setup utility.

I managed to get a copy of the Windows 8 on a USB drive. In order to boot from the USB, I got into the Bios (using F2) & tried to "Add boot option" as there were no other boot options present. When I tried to do that, it asked me to provide a name. I entered "USB". It then added it & allowed me to edit properties of this option. When I tried to edit the property, it asked for File system path. Because this is a USB drive, I do not have a clue as to what this value should be & how to set this USB drive as the first priority.

Any instructions on how to set the File system path for the USB drive & to set it as the first priority will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Sam Lionheart ( )

Did you make your USB drive bootable when you copied Win8?

4

Graham White
79

I had this issue - most irritating. I have a 7520 i7, insydeH20 A9 bios. The issue is UEFI. You need to enable legacy boot.

• Start the machine and hit f2 to get to bios.
  • Disable secure boot in the boot options screen
  • Enable load legacy option ROM
  • Keep boot list option set to UEFI
  • f10 to save and exit
  • Shut down machine and start it again with the usb device attached
  • f12 on boot to get legacy boot option
  • Pick usb from the list and off you go

Edited by: Graham White ( )

Thank you Graham White, your answer works perfectly!

Hans Hansen,

Brilliant, worked perfectly, thank you.

Bob,

1

qpunk

Try adding the files to a bootable CD and try booting from the CD, this is what i would do in my own opinion.