0

mwm417
1

How to retrieve pictures from iPhone that won't turn on

I have an iPhone 4 that is very much broken. I finally got my computer to recognize it, but it is locked with a passcode. The screen will not come on at all for me to enter the code so I can not find a way to get the pictures off of it. I'm sure if I replaced the glass/LCD I could get it to work, but I've already bought an iPhone 5 so I really hate to have to do that. Is there anyway to get these pictures off without putting more money into the phone, or to enter the passcode from the computer?

1

mwm417, here is my answer to a similar question "There is a way to erase the password without erasing your files. Plug in your iPhone. Open My Computer (or Computer for Vista). Click on Folder options and enable to view hidden files. Next go to iPod_control and click on the folder named Device. If your iPhone is locked, there will be a file _locked . Rename the file to _unlocked. Remove your iPhone and it should be cleared. This is the only way that I am aware off, other then a total restore where you will of course lose your data. Good Luck and let us know if it works.If you have trouble getting your iPhone into disk mode, check on here. check on here. Hope this helps, good luck.

==UPDATE==

Okay just thought I add this. you can also do it this way:"Both PCs and Macs will recognize your iPhone or iPod touch as a camera when you connect it. This means that you can offload your pictures to your computer without having to use iTunes. Here’s how you do it:

PCs (Windows XP)

Connect your iPhone/iPod touch via the USB cable, open Control Panel, and go to Scanners and Camera >Apple iPhone (or iPod).

Right-click on it and choose Properties from the menu.

Go to the Events tab and choose “Camera connected” from the “Select an event” drop-down menu.

Pick one of three Actions:

Start this program – The default program is Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard, which will take you through the process of downloading your pictures. You can also choose a different program from the drop-down menu.

Take no action – Choose this option if you want to manage your photos with iTunes. Windows won’t do anything automatically when you connect your device.

Save all pictures to this folder – Choosing this option will automatically download your photos to a folder that you choose whenever your device is connected.

Macs

Connect your iPhone/iPod touch and launch Applications >Image Capture.

Go to Preferences >General.

Under Camera, select Image Capture in the “When a camera is connected, open:” option, and then click OK. Now when you connect your 
iPhone/iPod touch, Image Capture will be launched and you can choose where you want to download your images.

from here Hope this helps.

Thanks for the great response! However, the iPhone doesn't show up in iTunes unless it is in DFU mode so I can't find a way to enable disk mode for it to make it show up in Windows Explorer. Is there any other way to get it into disk use mode besides iTunes?

mwm417,

mwm417, I just tried something with my phone. Disable itunes from popping up when you plug your phone in. If in doubt, you could even delete itr. When I plug my phone in, after I set iTunes to prevent automatic syncing and prevent it from starting up, my iPhone is being recognized as a digital camera and shows up as such under the My Computer/computer. I can then access the picture on my phone. give that a try. the other thing that worked for my phone is a shareware program called "Sharepod" at it is available right here". It allowed me to download my pictures and songs to my computer.

1

jackcoswiller
1

If you have back up your photos, you can restore from the backup.

To restore information from a backup, use one of the following methods after connecting your phone to the computer with which you normally sync:

1. Right-click (or Control-click) the device and choose Restore from Backup

2. If you have a new phone, you can connect to iTunes and it will prompt to restore from your backup

Solution from Apple.com: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766

Edited by: Walter Galan ( )

0

John
1

If you have a PC, hook up your iphone using a USB cable. Got to "My computer". Your phone shoudl show up as an external device. Click on the "Internal Storage" icon that shows. Then click on the "DCIM" folder that pops up. Then click the next "numbered" folder. All internal files on your device including video and pictures will show. Create a new folder. Capture and move the files to that new folder and you should have all of your pics.

Hope this helps.

J

0

runes3451
1

I used enigma recovery to retrieve all my lost iphone message and contacts internet history etc but I don't know if they recover iphone pictures because I never needed that service. but they was really supportive and not expensive, it may be worth contacting them and asking the question

0

Jacquelindarey
1

Pictures can be easily get back from iTunes or iCloud backup. But if you have never made backups (to iTunes or iCloud) that include the photos you want, you can also retrieve pictures from iPhone that won't turn on with some 3rd tool.

0

Ension23
1

iPhone is broken or damaged and now the data’s gone? iPhone Data Recovery can help you easily recover data that you thought you’d lost forever, such as photos & videos, messages, contacts, call logs, memos and more!

There are three kinds of recovery mode: to recover data directly from the iOS device and to retrieve previous data by extracting it from iTunes and iCloud backup!

Follow: Recover lost pictures from iPhone

0

Myles1994
1

Here's a guide about "how to recover photos from broken iPhone". I hope it helps!

0

gkaylabrown
1

There are two ways for you to recover files without turn on iPhone.

Way 1: retrieve pictures from iPhone with iTunes backup file

1. Connect the iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.

2. Open iTunes.

3. If you have a new or erased iPhone, iTunes will prompt you to restore from backup.

4. Otherwise, Control-click on your iPhone under DEVICES in the left menu.

5. Select Restore From Backup...

6. Choose the backup you wish to sync and click the Restore button.

Way 2: recover photos from iPhone with iPhone data recovery program.

Read more: how to retrieve deleted pictures from iPhone

0

runobros
1

If you sync your iPhone with iTunes every once in a while, there’s a strong chance that the last backup that iTunes took of your iPhone has those special photos that you want back. In case you regularly backup your iPhone with iTunes, you probably recover deleted photos from iPhone.

You can try restoring from the latest backup to get the photos back with iPhone Data Recovery. To do this:

Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer

Step 2: Open iTunes

Step 3: In iTunes 11, enable the sidebar through View -> Show Sidebar

Step 4: Right-click on your device and press ‘Restore from backup…

Step 5: Choose the latest backup and proceed.

By the time the restore is done, your Camera Roll might mostly recover the lost iPhone photos you’re looking for.

Edited by: runobros ( )

0

tubbary
1

Hello, retrieve pictures from iPhone that won't turn on? Lost your data due to accidently deletion, formated, water damaged, jailbreak, update, downgrade, restore to factory setting, be stolen and so on? iOS Data Recovery is an easy-to-use tool that can help you easily recover data that you thought you'd lost forever from iPhone, iPad and iPod, such as photos & videos, contacts, SMS, call logs, memos, WhatsApp data, Apps documents and more! It offers you three kinds of recovery mode: to recover data directly from the iOS device, retrieve previous data by extracting it from iTunes and extract to restore from iCloud backup!

Hope this can help you, if you want to read more, welcome to Vistomg and view.

0

Vivianer
31

iPubsoft iPhone Backup Extractor is a professional application that can help you extract iPhone file and get all of photos back if you deleted your cherished photos by mistake. And it works well with iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS. It can recover Messages, Contacts, Call History, Calendar, Notes, Reminders, Safari Bookmark directly from iPhone 5/4S.

How to recover the deleted photo from iPhone ?

This Month: 3,966