0

Tony Carlson
1

Battery turns on but will not charge

I have a new battery in my macbook pro, but it will not charge. At one point it was able to charge with a 65w adapter but not with multiple 85w adapters. The macbook will turn on and either say not charging or have an X through the battery icon. When the battery does receive a charge, it works just fine.

Any thoughts??

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , oldturkey03 ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

Hes the Mac been dropped recently, may be the plug for the power cable.

Will Preston,

It was dropped a long time ago and the magsafe port was dented, but it has worked fine until recently although I have a hunch that might yet be the problem.

Tony Carlson,

0

Dan

Did you note the MagSafe connector and cord mate between the adapters? I bet the older charger was straight in and the new ones you used where at a right angle.

Apple changed the connector which is better now, but, some older systems DC-in board connector contacts are a little deeper so they just don't mate correctly. I'm sure the drop didn't help here either. The only solution is to replace the DC-in board and if you can bang out any dents so the cord does not hit the side and the DC-in board is correctly in-line with the socket hole.

Don't forget to reset the SMC as well Resetting the SMC

Edited by: Dan ( )

Changed out the Left I/O boargd and am still running into the same issue. Logically, if the board is new then there would have to be something wrong with either the cable going from the board to the battery, or the battery itself.

Tony Carlson,

0

lisapeter
1

I think your battery is ok,but your adapter can not work,you can change a adapter to try first.if you change a adapter,the battery can work.you need replace a new replacement adapter.

laptop ac adapter