0

Saqib Jamal Siddiqui
1

No bluetooth found in device manager

I have dell e6400 with backlight keyboard problem is my bluetooth is not working even it is not showing device manager. please help in this regard.

Thank you.

I have a similar problem. Basically downloaded the new updated bluetooth driver that popped up with my service tag. Hit install, halfway through install it popped into firmware upgrade DFU wizard unattended and hung there. Came back to find my Bluetooth Card Hosed (No longer enumerating in device manager). In my case it was a XPS 1640 Minicard 370, and the package was R205174 which says Vista on the dell site, but its the only one available, and the directory structure shows Win32/Win64 so it should be compatible. But then again, who knew they'd automatically jump into a firmware upgrade without any notification, I was expecting software drivers. Oh I've as of yet found no solution to this. Windows 7 x64 SP1, XPS 1640

Nathan,

2

Sounds like you either have some drivers or firmware issue. Try to perform a manual firmware upgrade of the Bluetooth device. Run the following program: C:\dell\drivers\R226750\R226750\Win64\svcpack\SetupBluetoothDFU.exe. The program will prompt you for a ".dfu" file which is located in the same folder C:\dell\drivers\R226750\R226750\Win64\svcpack. After updating the firmware your Bluetooth should be working again. Of course you can also get the rivers on the Dell site. hope this helps, good luck.

After Giving ".dfu" image it gives the following error "The DFU wizard did not detect a matching bluetooth device for the DFU image file you selected. please make sure you plug in the correct Bluetooth device and select correct DFU file then click next to continue." :( I don't understand how to activate bluetooth. . .

Saqib Jamal Siddiqui,

Has the bluetooth every worked for you on this computer? Have you checked on the side, there should be button to turn it on.

I Checked it thoroughly there is a Wifi switch and WiFi Catcher and nothing else.

Saqib Jamal Siddiqui,

Has the bluetooth ever worked on your computer.? The Bluetooth is optional on your computer so make sure you have the Bluetooth option. If you do then you should have a Bluetooth indicator light above the F1 key. Fn+F2 that will switch your Bluetooth wireless on and off

No I never try to use it before. Yes there is a bluetooth indicator above the F1 key but it is not lightening on. Even Fn+F2 button is not working because F2 key has like battery sign instead of bluetooth.

Saqib Jamal Siddiqui,

0

david chase
133

Apparently seems like your Bluetooth is either disabled from your network connections or may be there is some hard switch which turned off.

Other way is to check on your keyboard from top F1 to F12 keys if you can see a Antenna like sign on any of key then press that key by pressing Fn key together.

If the problem still persist then I would recommend you to go on your manufacturer`s website to download the latest driver and update your driver that might can help.