1

Nacho Vigouroux
23

Wiil The iOpener works for the glass display replacement?

Hi community.

Recently I've looking iFixit has a new weapon: the iOpener.

This one is used to open easily the ipads.

So, I have 2 questions:

1.- Which temperature has the iOpener when you bring out of the microwave?

2.- It will be useful in a display glass replacement to "unglue" this one in a macbook pro?

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my rusty english.

Edited by: Nacho Vigouroux ( ) , Brett Hartt ( ) , Taylor Arnicar ( )

3

Brett Hartt
51k

Hey Nacho. When the iOpener comes out of the microwave, it will be about 170 degrees Fahrenheit (~77 Celsius). We haven't tried it on a MacBook Pro yet, but I suspect it would work.

Thanks a lot Brett! I've looking for your experience about the Glass removal, because I've thinking it will work too in a Macbook air. thanks again!

Nacho Vigouroux,

It would help in softening the adhesion, just like a heat gun does with less risk of damage.

Dan,

0

gamilabdelmalek1
1

It will most likely be able to be used on the MacBook. Although it is not recommended.

Thanks for your answer, but, why you think is not recommended? Actually, I've thinking is less dangerous and risky to use, but I don't know if is hot enough to make the job in a Mbp glass. Thanks so much.

Nacho Vigouroux,

0

davetakushi
1

How long do you microwave the iOpener for?

We recommend microwaving it for one minute, then waiting three to four minutes to microwave it again. If you microwave it too much, it might overheat and break down.

Brett Hartt,

0

cervantesvictor7
1

Is is reusable

yes, definitely. The iOpener can be used many, many times. Make sure to wait a few minutes between microwavings, however, or else it will dry out and overheat.

Brett Hartt,