0

Sarah
1

My iPhone works but the screen doesn't?

i've been told there may be something in the iphone that has caused the screen to stop working, the phone still works, i can take pictures and turn the volume on and off with the button on the side, but the screen wont display anything. Could it be something to do with the fixings on the inside and how much would it cost to get spare parts?

You tried a hard reset or restore? Do you see any shadows of your screen when you angle the display toward the light? It is possible that the display assembly may need to be replaced, due to a malfunctioning LCD. It is possible that the ribbon cables or connectors are corroded, or loose. It is possible that your backlight IC/coil are malfunctioning. There are plenty of possibilities. The cost for spare parts is depending on your location.

1

gizmo4sal3

I would first try and reseat the connectors for the LCD and Digitizer. If they popped loose or have any corrosion sometimes that will be an easy fix. Unplug the battery, Remove the plate holding them down and reseat. Check for corrosion or burnt or damaged pins while your in there. But unless its gotten wet, you should be okay. Once you plug them back in, plug the battery back in and see if it kicks on.

If it does, close it back up and your ready to rock and roll.

If it doesn't, you may have a bad LCD or Damage to the mainboard.

Also, if it kicks on with the apple logo but then the back light shuts off a split second later, that's usually the indicator of a bad LCD. Replacing the front screen assembly should resolve this.

0

124electronics
1

salam...

it seems like an lcd problem... you will have to replace the display assembly to know for sure. I hope its not the motherboard.

Malik.

Edited by: 124electronics ( )

0

tdmartin66
1

What if a phone is doing the same thing except it did get wet and u installed new LCD/ dig.

0

Sophie
1

my ipod 4g was working just fine, and then i dropped it. it was honestly a very light fall. nothing cracked but when i turned the screen on it was all fuzzy. Then, when i was waiting for the fuzziness to just go away the screen whited out and then blacked out. Now my iPod clearly works because i hear the sound of it turning on and unlocking, but the screen is black and wont turn on. What do i do?

0

andrew
1

Just press home and power button for 20 seconds then Apple icon will appear and after 2 mins screen will come back on

Well the answer is there for any future problems someone may have just hope it helps

Edited by: andrew ( )

0

con

Andrew that was October 2013 think she might have it sorted by now lol

Hi Steven was this just after a repair that it happened?

con,

0

Steven Brown
1

My iphone 4s screen won't let me slide to unlock the phone? How can i get it to work again?