0

Brittney
1

DVD/CD drive ejects blank discs. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

My August 2009 15" Macbook Pro's DVD/CD drive is ejecting any blank disc I insert. I'm trying to burn a movie I created in iMovie onto a blank DVD-R and DVD+R. I burned a movie I created about a week ago and it worked then. I tried changing the format of the movie and I tried different DVD types and nothing was working so I figured it's my MBP's optical drive. It ejects blank CDs as well. I wanted to maybe clean the lens myself but I wasn't sure about the correct way to get to the drive with this specific model. Any suggestions? Thanks!

0

Dan

The best way to clean the lens is with a CD/DVD head cleaner disk. It has a small brush imbedded into the disk to whisk away any dust.

You could use can'ed air but make sure you don't spray the liquid out as it will stain the lens if it gets on it. Some drives have a keeper position so the lens is covered so the only method is using the CD/DVD cleaner disk.