FRONT ASHTRAY WITH CIGARETTE LIGHTER
1. Make sure you have the anti-theft code for radio, then write down the frequencies for the preset buttons.
2. Set the parking brake.
On AT Model: Move the shift lever to the “1” position.
3. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
4. Attach a piece of masking tape onto the console panel below the clock.
5. Using flat-tip screwdriver wrapped in a shop towel, gently pry up on the clock and release the clips; then disconnect the connectors and remove the clock.
6. Remove the console panel (three self-tapping screws, five retaining clips, two retaining tabs, and two connectors).
7. Remove the radio assembly (four radio mounting bolts, and unplug the connector and antenna lead).
8. Remove and discard the front console lower cover (four retaining clips).
9. Remove the left fuse box cover (three retaining clips and two retaining tabs).
10. Remove the driver’s dashboard lower cover (three screws and five retaining clips).
11. Remove the left front side trim (one retaining clip and four retaining tabs).
12. Remove the left kick panel (two retaining clips).
13. Loosen the ground bolt and move the ground connector from the 2:00 o’clock to the 10:00 o’clock position. Retighten the ground bolt.
14. Plug the yellow/red 1-pin connector of the cigarette lighter harness into the No. 1 terminal of the fuse box, the red/black 1-pin connector into the No. 3 terminal, and the white 1-pin connector into the No. 5 terminal, respectively.
15. Attach the fuse label to the fuse case taped to the cigarette lighter harness.
16. Remove the bolt securing the bottom of the engine hood opener bracket, and install the relay there with the same bolt.
17. Remove and discard the bolt securing the top of the engine hood opener bracket, and attach the ground terminal of the cigarette lighter harness there with the ground bolt from the kit.
18. Plug the 4-pin connector of the cigarette lighter harness into the relay you installed in step 16.
19. Route the 4-pin connector of the cigarette lighter harness above the steering shaft to the front console. Secure the harness to the dashboard support with one wire tie.
20. Secure the cigarette lighter harness with the three wire ties in the areas shown.
21. Continue routing the cigarette lighter harness into the front console, and secure it with two wire ties
22. Attach the cover bracket with the two self-tapping screws.
23. Reinstall the driver’s dashboard lower cover.
24. Plug the 4-pin connector of the cigarette lighter harness into the front ashtray with cigarette lighter; then push the four retaining clips of the front ashtray with cigarette lighter into the holes in the dashboard.
25. Secure the front ashtray with cigarette lighter with two self-tapping screws.
26. Check that all wire harnesses are routed properly and all connectors are plugged in.
27. Reinstall all removed parts.
28. Connect the negative cable to the battery.
29. Enter the customer’s radio anti-theft code, and reset the radio station preset buttons.
30. Reset the clock.
31. Check the operation of the cigarette lighter.