0

Sprinter
1

boots up but touch screen wont work to unlock the screen

Recently dropped phone in a puddle. pulled out the battery and dried it out for around 3-4 days days now under and mild mild heat lamp. the phone doesnt get hot, just warm. The other day i booted it up and got to the screen lock screen. But the touch screen wont work at all. anything i can do?

History:

had dropped it previously and phone continued to work. has a single crack across the screen but never lost the ability to use the touch screen at all. basically no affect. Then something went wrong with the charging port on the phone i believe. The phone wont charge or recognize something plugged in the micro usb port. So, i found an external battery charger and have been getting my phone to work that way.

Have you tried to plug it in while disassembled and measured the input at the micro usb port? From left to right it should be: 1 VCC Red +5 VDC 2 D- White Data - 3 D+ Green Data + 4 ID May be N/C, GND or used as an attached device presence indicator (shorted to GND with resistor) 5 GND Black Ground

My skill level stops at Vcc +5VDC and ground. not sure what white or green data is. From what I can tell though prior to taking it apart. The phone receives no signal of power or anything from the micro usb port. I believe inside the phone a connection must be torn. But i have a means of charging my phone using external batteries. I just need to get my touch screen working from the looks of it.

Sprinter,

0

Zach Ledbetter
157

There may still be some water damage inside the phone. If you can, try taking the phone completely apart, and checking all the connections and letting it fully dry out if it isn't. It's possible that the drop, and not the water, has caused the damage. In particular, make sure the touch screen is receiving power from the charging port. Let us know if this helps or if you find something, good luck!

I took it apart and it looks ok but still doesnt work. Also how do i check if it is receiving power from the charging port? I cant charge my phone via my charging port. I have to use an external battery charger. Also are there any parts or something i can replace to fix my phone? Thanks for your time, Sprinter

Sprinter,

0

Nathan Faucett
127

Does your screen not unlock when you open KB? Usually opening keyboard will unlock the generic lock screen. If you have set a pattern or pin, didyou happen to choose a quick unlock key? My intercept gave choices of vol dwn, home, camera, or back buttons. holding the key you choose for 4 seconds will unlock your locked phone. Unfortunately you can also choose no emergency key.

I can only suggest recovery mode if that doesn't work. Power on while holding menu, vol dwn, and end call buttons. Should boot to recovery mode where you can completely restore factory configuration. If you need your contacts or musicor other personal data then you MUST BACK UP FIRST.... There is a back up option in the menu.