Battery charges, then discharges quickly?
This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.
Powerbook G4 12.1' 1.5Ghz with OS 10.4 loaded
- Battery will charge (Power info button states that it will take something on order of 330 hrs, but does it in more normal time).
- When charged, battery will work for a short time, and then entirely discharge to zero in a matter of seconds.
CoconutBattery 2.6.7 states:
- Current Battery Charge: 65027 mAh
- Maximum Battery Charge: 65383 mAh
- Current Battery Capacity: 65484 mAh
- Original Battery Capacity:L 4400mAh
- Battery-Load Cycles: 118 (this hasn't budged)
- Age of your Mac: 150 Months
Any suggestions about this zaniness and whether or not getting a new battery will fix it?
Thanks in advance