How do I fix a water damaged EnV Touch VX11000?
I bought a water damaged EnV Touch on ebay in an attempt to fix it. The owner said that he went swimming with the phone, and that it did not turn on afterwards. I took the phone apart, and found only a few spots were there was corrosion; there was no moisture anywhere, but the water indicators were red. I cleaned the corrosion with Isopropyl alcohol, and I also cleaned off the motherboard. However, when I turned the phone back on, it still did not work. I think one of the components of the phone must be fried (maybe the mother board, and/or one of the connectors), but I don't know how to find which ones are fried.
Any suggestions? Thanks.
Jon, the first thing (right after properly cleaning it, which you have done, but may want to do again) is to replace the battery. Water and cellphone batteries do not mix at all. Once you have a new battery, and made sure that the battery connectors are properly cleaned and seated, recheck the phone.