MacBook Pro will not recognize new battery
After replacing my battery my machine will not recognize the new battery:
3882466E, Unit is 3 yrs old had original battery in it. Battery was not holding charge longer then a hour or so also receiving message from the battery icon "Condition: Replace Now". I ordered the battery from www.LaptopBatte
APPLE LAPTOP BATTERY TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
• Apple Battery Status: “Replace Soon, Replace Now, Service Battery”
If you are getting any of these status messages with your new Apple replacement battery, try the following steps:
• Tip #1
• Insert new battery, plug in AC adapter, and start up laptop.
• After laptop has completed booted, remove battery and reinsert it.
• If the issue persists, you may need to reset the System Management Controller (SMC)
• Tip #2 – Resetting the SMC:
• For detailed instructions on resetting the SMC, please visit Apple’s website at:
Assuming you still have the original battery re-install it and see if the computer recognizes it. It so try resetting the SMC again. If your new battery still isn't recognized return the replacement battery for refund or replacement. I am puzzled by the fact that Coconut battery seems to see the battery but your hardware does not.